Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Can I ask "why haven't they called" yet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

zymotic

I'm trying to be patient. I've waited oh so long. Is it still too early to ask why Southwest hasn't called yet?

8000+ TT
2500 Jet PIC
3800 Turbine PIC
737, CRJ, 1900 type
Employed and current at 121 regional

Perhaps others could post their stats and after we all have a good cry together I'll feel better.

What say you, Chase?

Zymotic,

You have all of the qualifications in spades. Remember, no interviews in August. So be patient (I know, I know, we all say that!). I'm not privy to the constraints currently being used to rack and stack, but your numbers should make you very competetive for an interview.

Keep the faith,

Cheers

You need to have something in your profile besides "registered user"..

Couldnt hurt....lol

All kidding aside..As others have said..You numbers are in the ballpark and being current is a plus..

Please resume breathing into the small brown paper bag..

And relax..

Mike

Others have said it well, you are fully qualified in terms of hours & what SWA is looking for. I don't have the mystic formula (it changes often) in what criteria the PD use in conjunction with the flight ops in terms of who gets the call. However, getting called involves many things but certainly one of them is luck....there is obviously some criteria that is used for each month & as I said that changes.

Even with a 737 type (which you have) keep in mind the following:

5 months of interviews
144 (approximately) per month
750 folks interviewed
Probably 75% or more of those have their types (say around 600 w/types called)
Know way to know for sure but say 5000+ apps w/1500 w/types (folks are being added to that pool each week graduating from the type schools out there)

So we have probably less than 50% of the folks who are eligible with types to have interviewed. You are in a sizeable group of typed folks but keep in mind when they bring folks into interview, some have more time than you, others have less, others are retired military, others are furloughed, some are 121/135 flyers, rejionals, any group you can imagine. Again the "flavor of the month" can't be guessed in advance...when it becomes your time, it will be time to go but as I always say, if they called you tomorrow & said we need you in a week or so, are you "mentally" ready...are all the "i's" dotted & "t's" crossed...if not you better hope they don't call but if so, then you're ready. The Sept calls will probably be done within the next week or so so don't worry, more will be passing through the doors & your time will come. In the mean time enjoy your friends, family & the fact you have options...good luck & your time will come.

Latest resources

Back