Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RightBettor

Betting "Don't" these day
Perhaps I am getting ahead of myself here (or I have too many ants in my pants), but has anyone received the official call from a chief pilot for the Feb 17th class at SWA??? My present employer has been great to me and I owe them the courtesy of at least a two-week notice, but I don't want to submit notice until I hear the official word from a chief pilot. Technically, for a two-week notice, I need to let them know NLT Friday Jan 31st. (The Feb 3rd class got calls about two and a half weeks out.) Any thoughts?

Hey Righty,

I too feel the same way. I told my boss as soon as soon as LL told me I was in the 17th class so that he could have a huge heads up. I also asked him when I shoud put in the letter of res. He suggested waiting until two weeks out just incase something wierd happens. I am giving my letter on Friday also. I called LL on this very topic. She told me that everything looked great and that it was ok to quit. She also said not to expect a call from a CP until after the Feb 3rd Class starts. That kinda stinks, cause it is inside the two weeks notice. But you are a dice roller so come on :)

I would call her just to put your mind at ease before you up and quit! It is still scary, but it made me feel a little better.

See you in Big D!!!

OAK
:)

Last edited:
I wouldn't do it till the call came from a Chief, that is my personal opinion because future plans change very quickly.

In the same boat

If you get any info from LL, please pass it along! My employer is very understanding about the situation, but I'd sure like to give them the courtesy of 2 weeks. BTW, LL did tell me when she intially called, it would be after the 1st of the month before the CP calls went out, so may just have to hurry up and wait.

Hey guys,

Don't put the letter in until you get the call. These folks already know you are leaving. I was only able to give my employer one and a half weeks notice.

Say reason!

Did LL give a reason for the less than 2 weeks official notice? That seems unusual; I think they typically give 2.5 ... anyone have any skinny on when/if a March class will occur and when the word should go out? I am going nucking futz ... I saw Shamu today, maybe that is a good sign.

ditto...

on the nucking futs thing.....

It's getting close - only a couple of classes away -

how do you KNOW you are getting an ulcer???? What are the symptoms???

Looks as if going forward, classes are going to be issued with an eye-dropper..... 2 wks notice at best, month to month on the planning..... steady wins the race. But it sure is hard to watch the pool draining, only to see someone's sock get sucked in the drain and slow the process down - ARGgggggg!

OK, breath slowly, that's it.... OHMmmmmmm, Ohmmmmmm..... I am one with the VASI...... OHmmmmmmm.....:rolleyes:

Hang loose everyone - our time WILL come!!!!

Tred

It's always great to have a support system...this line to hopeful employment helps keep us all sane!

I'm sure the company will continue to play their cards close to ensure the right thing for their people...we are their people...soon... Keep the faith!

Guys..

Never ever give up a job in hand for a maybe..Thats rule #1 in this business..

Now..Having said that lets look at this thing..

Based on what the Prez said we are going to war and my guess would be sometime shortly after the 5th of Feb when Powell goes to the UN..

Which way is hiring going when the first bomb drops..?I dont think anybody in Dallas knows anymore than we do..!

I would do two things..

Be honest and upfront with your bosses about your situation..
And i would not give notice or decline any job offers unless you have about 18 months worth of cash in the bank that you dont mind spending if the poop hits the rotory ventilation device..

You are too close to screw up now so relax and keep doing what you have been and WHEN the call comes from a CP ...And trust me...It will!!!... do what ever your little water logged hearts desire..

But not one minute sooner..

Mike

Latest resources

Back