• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Captain X

Who is John Galt?
From the ALPA Nat'l site

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Release #04.CAL2
March 10, 2004

Continental Express Pilots Ramp Up Negotiations

HOUSTON---The Continental Master Executive Council (MEC), a unit of the Air Line Pilot’s Association (ALPA), has approved a resolution that allows Continental Express pilots to open strike centers in Houston.

Under this resolution, Continental Express pilots have begun preparations for informational campaigns and additional steps to obtain a new collective bargaining agreement.

Continental Express pilots plan to have strike centers open by May 3 in anticipation of further delays by the company. Key issues remaining in the negotiations are pilot scheduling, job security and compensation.

During negotiations last week (March 1-5), ExpressJet Airlines representatives failed to adequately address the remaining contract issues. Continental Express pilots have been in negotiations with ExpressJet for a new collective bargaining agreement for 20 months.

"We are sending a message to management that Continental Express pilots are serious about these negotiations," said Capt. Jay Panarello, chairman of the CAL pilot union’s Master Executive Council. "Our goal is to get the company back to the table and successfully complete these negotiations."

Continental Express pilots safely transport more than 50,000 passengers to more than 130 destinations daily on a growing fleet of state-of-the-art Embraer jets. These destinations range from Halifax, Nova Scotia, to Acapulco, Mexico including the Caribbean. Continental Express is the sole provider of small jet service for Continental Airlines in that company’s hubs in Newark, Cleveland and Houston, and is the largest small jet operator in the world.

The Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA) is the bargaining agent for the 6,500 pilots of Continental and Continental Express. ALPA is the world’s oldest and largest pilot union, representing 64,000 airline pilots at 42 airlines in the U.S. and Canada. Their website is www.alpa.org.

I have not senn one great contracts that did not get a turn for the worst before it was signed. One thing is for certain, unity always pays.

Apparently the NMB mediator specifically sited the most recent contracts when suspending the talks and said that we were asking too much.

Now does CHQ and MESA understand why people are a little irked?

mckpickle said:
Apparently the NMB mediator specifically sited the most recent contracts when suspending the talks and said that we were asking too much.

Now does CHQ and MESA understand why people are a little irked?

That's ok I'm voting NO on anything thats not Comair PLUS X %! It's up to us to raise the bar this time, if it's a fight they want, it's a fight they get!

Go Get'em guys!! Let me know where to send the check for the strike fund if it comes to that.

If CHQ $ is the best J&J will offer then they had better start thinking about a new career. Unlike Mesaba, when we say the race to the bottom stops here, we mean it!!! As a 4th year jet pilot, I can replace my income waiting tables. Can you say that Jimbo?

Would you asses stop bashing CHQ... Chq got a good contract with good quality of life improvements and I wouldnt trade that for 100 bucks an hour! Especially when our management resorted to blackmail.. For those who think Comair would have gotten the same contract if they had to go back now would be rediculous!

By the way, some things are easier said than done! Remember that .

Dewey Oxberger said:
Jimbo meaning our CEO, not CaptJim, of course!

Thanks!:D

This isn't about Mesa or CHQ or anybody else! It's about XJT now, and up to us to make a stand. Pay up your bills a month in advance, now's the time for action(my car payment and house payment are paid in advanced)!

Are you ready?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back