Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL SCOPE meaningless if not able to defend it!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

luckytohaveajob

CAL ALPA claims to have the best scope in the industry yet unless CAL ALPA can defend the current agreement CAL ALPA does not have jack.

So what does CAL ALPA and the CAL pilots bring to the table? Nothing!

CAL has crap post 911 pay rates, no work rules, and poor benefits with high employee costs. CAL ALPA has been unsuccessful in renegotiating an expired concessionary deal and takes whatever management dishes out.

I was just reading on the LCC forum and found a quote by a pilot who got it.

"Come on NOW!!!! it does Not matter what the HOURLY IS!!
What counts it the take home. Benefits, insurance, retirement, sick time, vacation, scheduling. all those add up.
how much cash for how much time from home. Compare apples to apples. "

CAL ALPA has a regional jet contract.

Exactly.... Now if you really want techniques to stick it to management, send me a private mail and I will tell you what works. Leave the 95% useless busy work to the union folks...

shut your mouth you idiot!

ok, then don't find out what works.... I don't care

continue to complain about everything all the time and talk about the contract with the captains while wearing the FUPM bracelet (if those are still around).

DONT JUST DO SOMETHING, SIT THERE...

CAL ALPA claims to have the best scope in the industry yet unless CAL ALPA can defend the current agreement CAL ALPA does not have jack.

So what does CAL ALPA and the CAL pilots bring to the table? Nothing!

CAL has crap post 911 pay rates, no work rules, and poor benefits with high employee costs. CAL ALPA has been unsuccessful in renegotiating an expired concessionary deal and takes whatever management dishes out.

I was just reading on the LCC forum and found a quote by a pilot who got it.

"Come on NOW!!!! it does Not matter what the HOURLY IS!!
What counts it the take home. Benefits, insurance, retirement, sick time, vacation, scheduling. all those add up.
how much cash for how much time from home. Compare apples to apples. "

CAL ALPA has a regional jet contract.

Not sure what your point is. Am I suppost to be offended? I got news for ya, we did not ask for this merger. I would say 90% of us did not want it. The prospects of working with you make me want it even less.

.....CAL has crap post 911 pay rates, no work rules, and poor benefits with high employee costs..............

................CAL ALPA has been unsuccessful in renegotiating an expired concessionary deal and takes whatever management dishes out.

Question 1; How can you have regional pay rates, no work rules, and poor benefits and have high employee costs? That makes absolutely no sense. If you have the first, you have LOW employee costs. So which is it? And finally again, the pay rates are concessionary you dimwit. You really have no idea what that means do you? And since you work for a regional, please tell us how much better you are making out with your benefits and pay? You are a one trick pony, my dear. Get some new material and come back when you learn a thing or two.

Question 2; When exactly did negotiations for the new contract end? I must have missed that blast mail. Is there something that management has dished out that we have just "taken"? I find your lack of spinal fortitude on any matter concerning our contract disturbing and hope that you don't approach flying the same way you approach bitching, 1/2 assed. Move on little girl. You got passed over and no amount of finger pointing out others obvious shortcomings are going to make you feel any better.

If CAL loses their scope, I think that is the death knell for and pretense that ALPA is viable. If scope falls, then ALPA is nothing more than a company union.

If CAL loses their scope, I think that is the death knell for and pretense that ALPA is viable. If scope falls, then ALPA is nothing more than a company union.

You're a little late Draginass...ALPA failed long ago.

Not according to some Delta pilots on the other board. They think ALPA is still fixable. I don't know what world they live in.

Yeah, let's give up and let management do whatever they want. Let's become the abortion like USAPA. In-house like SWA? Oh wait, those nice little in house unions like APA and SWAPA come to ALPA for some resources.

Really. What's the solution?

Latest resources

Back