• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Recall Bid - Any Bets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Before the first gets here, let me put my prediction down. The bid will be flat.

Every time there is a reason to move forward, "They" find a way to pull down block hours, move airplanes, lay people off. This bid will be no different. We've made 10 new Capt's in the EWR B757/B767 sub base in 2 years, no different this time.

I have to agree. Flat bid with reductions in CLE and GUM and a small increase in ewr737 in order to make cummuting easier for everyone. The last part was sarcasm if you couldn't tell.

Yes, there are only two new bases allowed to be opened before a JCBA is agreed to. EWR 787 and LAX 737.

I dont believe that is accurate, under 4-D of the transition agreement, (i would post it but it wont let me copy and paste,) it states that either company will not open a base within 150 miles of each others bases, except the EWR 787 and LAX 737. So they could open a IAH 787 or CLE 787 if so desired, or UAL could open a DEN 777 or 747, if they desired.

We furloughed UAL guys are also waiting to see what happens. This may be an indicator if we will ever get our jobs back. If there is a large number of new hires required, it will be a good indicator of where some of us stand, hopefully we can all work together on this new adventure.

On another web site (sorry no link) discussion around the leak of information as to the downsizing of CLE was put out today.

So here you are; we will see B787 on the bid, yet reduction of CLE B737.

Look I want growth more than anyone can imagine, and I hope my guess is way off; I'd love to eat my words later this week. But, if you step back, look at what little part of the "Big Picture" we get to see; and you'll guess flat bid too.

Smisek came out and said that the leak about CLE downsizing is completely false...

September 1, 2010
EMPLOYEE BULLETIN NO. 18
CO issued the following news release today.
CONTINENTAL CEO REAFFIRMS COMMITMENT TO CLEVELAND; DENOUNCES DISTORTION OF FACTS

CLEVELAND – Sept. 1, 2010 -- Continental Airlines (NYSE: CAL) Chairman, President and CEO Jeff Smisek today reaffirmed Continental’s commitment to Cleveland and denounced legal maneuvers by a plaintiffs’ lawyer aimed at distorting the facts.

“Continental is firmly committed to Cleveland and will remain so after its merger with United,” said Smisek, who will head the new United Airlines after the combination with Continental. He referred to reports insinuating that Continental would drastically reduce its service to Cleveland as a result of the merger.

The reports were based on one of many simulations analyzed before the merger was announced, and modeled the most severe recession or disaster scenario. The simulation was promoted by the plaintiffs’ attorney in the trial of a lawsuit filed in California challenging the merger.

“Other simulations showed Cleveland maintaining its size and others showed it growing,” Smisek said. “This was never a plan for Cleveland or any of our hubs.”

“We are meeting with Mayor Jackson and business leaders on an on-going basis to ensure Cleveland maintains excellent air service after the merger. We consider Cleveland an important hub and one of our hometowns and resent this attempt to cause concern among our customers and employees,” Smisek said.

He reiterated that he expects the merger will have minimal impact on front-line employees, “including our co-workers in Cleveland.”

What Smeigel means is that we will be replacing mainline jobs with express jobs when we down size CLE. F CAL management.

Latest resources

Back