CAL Recall Bid - Any Bets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't feed the troll!

Right on brother. That's the first question I ask guys when the talk of money, or look at my toys (boats, cars, planes, girlfriends) pictures come out. "How's your strike fund savings coming along?"

I have zero toys and zero savings (thanks to our POS contract and the current economy.) If a strike vote comes down, I WILL vote yes. I WILL figure out a way to get my family through.

Bid is SUPPOSED to have vacancies for a separate 787 sub-base in IAH. With only 2-3 aircraft, they have to keep it separate until enough aircraft are on property that all 777/787 pilots can be trained. 25 CA and 75 FO vacancies.

On a lighter note, the ORD 757 base is supposedely going bye-bye as the UAL 757's are to be parked. An order for 737-800/900's to fill the gap and a rather large 737 base in ORD to open. The 767's in IAD will be going to EWR to increase international flying and IAD will get the same thing as ORD, a rather large 737-800/900 base. Here's your grain of sand......

Dosen't the merger protocol agreement prevent that?

The bid will be out by Sept 1. It has to be in order to prep. for vacation bidding. If it goes like most of the system bids at CAL over the last few years it will pop up around the close of business today or tomorrow.

As of close of business Friday the 787 is still on the bid. This is from a highly placed CAL ALPA source.

I seriously doubt that the Rolls Royce engine delays on the 787 will have any effect on our delivery of GE engined 787's in the 3rd QTR of next year. Boeing will get the 787 certified before 3Q 2011 and as long as GE can ship enough engines to equip the 25 GE 78's that are in line ahead of our first delivery, CAL should get their 787's on time. The 747-800 is testing with the GenX GE's on it so I think that bodes well for thorough testing of the GE in time for CAL's airframes.

The word on the street is that the delay in the system bid is due to the three stooges in CAL flight ops mgmt trying to set up the 787 as a common fleet type with the 777 on this bid.

The CAL pilots' contract has it defined as a separate equipment type, whereas it defines the "756" as one type. Thus it is the union's position that the 787 must be staffed separately. It won't make much difference in the initial staffing requirements with only four 787's on property by the effective date of the bid, but its my guess that mgmt doesn't want to set a precedent and staff it separately to start and then have to negotiate (and give some $$$$) to have it defined as a common fleet type with the 777 during the current JCBA talks. They've probably been having a pow-wow with their lawyers to try and decide if ignoring the contract now and telling us to stuff it and grieve it is cheaper than the honorable route. :rolleyes: Especially considering the ammo that would give the JCBA during contract talks for "bad faith" bargaining.

Just talked with my union friend and said bid coming out next week with recalls and open positions for hiring. Said 787 delays won't affect it because we're getting the GenX GE engines, not RR. We'll see........

your source is full of $hit, especially if he is an ex-ASA pilot like you. Go hide out in Sterling Ridge you loser!!!!!!

Here's to hoping that today is the day... Good luck guys/gals. We've missed you and are looking forward to having you back!!

Latest resources

Back