CAL Recall Bid - Any Bets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skywdriver

Everything out there is saying bid with recalls by Sept 1st, any bets? Any other rumors?

Also, any bets that there will be recalls, but those recalls will be used by the company as leverage to get a new contract signed? This would most certainly be a silly move on their part, as we all know the union will not sign anything over in a contract that is unacceptable, regardless of threats affecting recalls.

The questions to be asked are
1) Will there be a bid at all? They don't have to have one
2) Will the bid show recalls?
3) If it does show recalls, will those people see a classroom before next August? What I mean by that is, the classes start before the latest possible date as per the contract.
4) If it does show recalls, and between now and next August the pilot contract is signed, seniority lists are merged and the the merger is closed, would it be the CAL 147 furloughs and then UAL furloughs? Or since everything is merged at that point, even though it was a CAL recall initially, would it just then go by the new combined list?
Example, CAL recalls 300 on the bid, which would cover every CAL pilot on furlough. They wait to make phone calls until the last possible second, next july or so. Between now and then everything merger wise get finalize with a new seniority list. Now instead of being about #75 on the CAL recall list becomes #750 on the new combined list and is no where near making that recall.

1 Sept: everyone recalled plus some UAL furloughs hired at CAL

4 Oct: "if you don't accept a concessionary contract, no recalls and more furloughs"

1 Sept: everyone recalled plus some UAL furloughs hired at CAL

4 Oct: "if you don't accept a concessionary contract, no recalls and more furloughs"

Nov, prepare for strike ballot.

Dec, everyone gets the holidays off

The questions to be asked are
1) Will there be a bid at all? They don't have to have one
2) Will the bid show recalls?
3) If it does show recalls, will those people see a classroom before next August? What I mean by that is, the classes start before the latest possible date as per the contract.
4) If it does show recalls, and between now and next August the pilot contract is signed, seniority lists are merged and the the merger is closed, would it be the CAL 147 furloughs and then UAL furloughs? Or since everything is merged at that point, even though it was a CAL recall initially, would it just then go by the new combined list?
Example, CAL recalls 300 on the bid, which would cover every CAL pilot on furlough. They wait to make phone calls until the last possible second, next july or so. Between now and then everything merger wise get finalize with a new seniority list. Now instead of being about #75 on the CAL recall list becomes #750 on the new combined list and is no where near making that recall.

Contractually, Continental is required to have a minimum of 1 more system bid this calendar year. The systems bids can be no further than 8 months apart and there must be at least 1 from January to June and at least 1 from July to December.

Are you sure they must have one more bid? that's a serious question, no sarcasm. I though the requirement was at least 2 a year with it no farther then 8 months in between bids. I don't remember the one must be between jan to june and one must be july to dec. And if that's the case they still don't need to have one until december.

I think i know the answer, but i'm still wondering about the last question i raised about having a recall bid, then not calling anybody, merger is completed before next summer and then the recall going by new merged list instead of cal list first then ual.
I know my post sounds selfish but I would like to know all the possibilities.

Latest resources

Back