• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL new hire ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ATRCA, you're not the only one. 5000TT/1000PIC 121 jet and a couple of internal recs with one checking in with his CP biweekly and no word in 6 months. I think a lot of it has to do with luck once you are in the fairly short stack. Just stay positive and realize that you won't have to take a paycut until they call :). First year pay is going to be a bummer...

Six months of insurance costs are less than the cost of a 737 type rating where 80% of qualified applicants are turned down and told to go back to their jobs and reapply in a year while their possible seniority number at SWA goes lower and lower. At least the opportunity to interview at CAL is a real opportunity. They treat interviewees right....once you are on property...thats relative....

ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

You're kidding right? CAL's interview selection is fair? I'm sure those FO's at SWA are pretty happy with their decision to spend the money for the type.

"6 months of insurance costs are less than the 737 type rating..." Except if you're hired by SWA your first year pay difference over there will more than make up the difference. Don't compare the cost of insurance for 6 months when most SWA fo's will make almost double a first year CAL fo.

Six months of insurance costs are less than the cost of a 737 type rating where 80% of qualified applicants are turned down and told to go back to their jobs and reapply in a year while their possible seniority number at SWA goes lower and lower. At least the opportunity to interview at CAL is a real opportunity. They treat interviewees right....once you are on property...thats relative....

Hey, I didn't negotiate your contract. Don't blame me.

you didn't seem to mind flying CAL colors in your RJ...and you went to work there with insurance on hold for at least 3 months and likely 6 months at the time.

You have just successfully argued that now CAL is as good as Coex was 6-10 years ago.

Don't forget about the absense of insurance for six months.

You are not correct, sir.

You can't get on the company insurance plan for six months. Other plans are offered that are the same price and some are cheaper. If you are paying the same for insurance, what difference does it make. Hopefully we will get that changed in 08.

Let me guess, this will turn into a "my airline is better than ours" thread before too long.

Latest resources

Back