CAL new hire insurance.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dojetdriver

For the CAL newhires that sought coverage for the first six months, what were some of the cheaper alternatives you found out there?

Thanks, I'm trying to help some friends out that are non-aviation.

I was able to get a temporary 6 month policy just for myself through Farmers Insurance (I have my homeowners and my auto policy through Farmers) for less than $100 per month.

I was able to get a 6 month catastrophic policy through Fortis for my wife and I. I think it was about $900. Cheap if compared to cobra....

I got mine for about $450.00 for six months. 2500 deductable, then 80/20 to 5000 then 100%. I essentially got this in case I wrap my car around a telephone pole. I can eat the doctor visit, but not major surgery. The whole concept is crap, but I did what I had to, to give this a shot.

Just went on the company health plan July 1st. My wife and I got a six month temporary major medical policy ($1000 deductible), and drug coverage ($250 deductible) for $166/month from Blue Cross Blue Shield.

Just went on the company health plan July 1st. My wife and I got a six month temporary major medical policy ($1000 deductible), and drug coverage ($250 deductible) for $166/month from Blue Cross Blue Shield.

When was your DOH?

I got mine for about $450.00 for six months. 2500 deductable, then 80/20 to 5000 then 100%. I essentially got this in case I wrap my car around a telephone pole. I can eat the doctor visit, but not major surgery. The whole concept is crap, but I did what I had to, to give this a shot.

Thanks for the reply's guys. Was this just a temporary rate or can it be pronlonged? Also, who was it with?

Thanks

Latest resources

Back