• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Management Proposal, Delta's Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
come on- its just a feeler sent out by mgmnt-- remember they only have to get 50.1% of th egroup to agree--- if it goes to a vote- which mgmt wants, but alpa wont let it - it would let mgmt know what they need to get the remaining % to get to 50.1%--- its the most basic tactic of all time---- just dont vote and keep mgmnt guessing.

SKIPPY

Skip in one post you're sayin that you can't beat management at their game so [deleted] with picketing 77 Wacker Dr. In another you alluding to keeping management guessing?????

Do you now believe that guessing is part of management's playbook?

OK, everyone I am a Rep and I want to say the following:

Take a deep breath and relax.

There is nothing to vote on, this isn't a T/A it's merely the company's first counterproposal. We have an awful long way to go in this negotiating process before we are even close to a contract T/A.

Our MEC is unified and will not vote yes on any T/A to send on to the pilots that doesn't meet our required four cornerstones. Scope/Job Security, Pay, Retirement and Work Rules/Quality of life. In my opinion this proposal falls significantly short of our contractual goals.

The company's latest actions indicating some form of urgency tells me that we hold an awful lot of leverage with regards to preventing the implementation of the Joint Venture A++ agreement that is required to be implemented by years end. They need something from us and all I can say, hey Jeff, the clocks ticking!

There is nothing to vote on, this isn't a T/A it's merely the company's first counterproposal. We have an awful long way to go in this negotiating process before we are even close to a contract T/A.

Our MEC is unified and will not vote yes on any T/A to send on to the pilots that doesn't meet our required four cornerstones. Scope/Job Security, Pay, Retirement and Work Rules/Quality of life. In my opinion this proposal falls significantly short of our contractual goals.

The company's latest actions indicating some form of urgency tells me that we hold an awful lot of leverage with regards to preventing the implementation of the Joint Venture A++ agreement that is required to be implemented by years end. They need something from us and all I can say, hey Jeff, the clocks ticking!

Well said, and I stand behind you 100 percent. We will get what we all deserve, a first class contract. Nothing less.

Awesome!

Keep the pressure on CAL - the whole industry is counting on you. Save me a sign if the time comes.

Signed.........
Furloughed UAL pilot

Your last paragraph says it all...Giving up that leverage to the future is not worth a couple dollars more today. Translates to leadership; the only way we can build back what was taken away... BTW, I'm 25 miles from EWR.

UAL and Furloughed

Finally the union chimes in... whew!!! thanks!

I am a furloughed guy looking at all this and thinking about never having a job to come back to! I also don't want this to be a merger set up and have more guys on the street. Let me tell you it's not a cup of tea out here. Get me back on property, but don't sell out to do it. Please stand strong.

From airline pilot central:
12 year SWA CA 737NG/300/500 $206/hour

CAL's proposal should be nothing less than $207/hr and adjust up and down for fleet type.

God Bless Southwest and that Red Belly Money Maker!

Thats 14 better than our 777 and 767 guys. 57 an hour better than our 12 year 737 Capt.

I'll take Lubbock and those Tech girls anyday with that pay!

Latest resources

Back