• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL makes $334 M 2nd QTR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I say...this whole thread got off on the wrong foot with that Chavez/Ahmadinejad avatar. Delete the avatar, and reboot the thread...

Unusual amount of stress in this industry right now. Shows up on these threads sometimes...

The way I see it is CAL made $875 Million. . . How can they psot a loss of $25 million then say they raised almost a billion. If you look at there accounts they now have a billion more dollars in the bank than last quarter. I think any accountant could show a profit for CAL this quarter if they wanted to. The problem is CAL knows they can use a $25 million loss against it's unions come negotiations!!!! TOTAL SCAM!!!

The way I see it is CAL made $875 Million. . . How can they psot a loss of $25 million then say they raised almost a billion. If you look at there accounts they now have a billion more dollars in the bank than last quarter. I think any accountant could show a profit for CAL this quarter if they wanted to. The problem is CAL knows they can use a $25 million loss against it's unions come negotiations!!!! TOTAL SCAM!!!

One of the big kickers here is the 401K match this year. If we make more than $200M from 6/30/07 to 7/1/08 we get 1% of that periods W2 earnings placed into our 401K. I gonna say we fell a little short now so no soup for you this year.

Plus we will not get profit sharing this year so that 6-10% we would of got that I put in my 401k now I have to make that up my self to get to the max. Another pay cut.

Latest resources

Back