• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL LAX Base Rumor, AGAIN!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm hearing the same thing. April bid will have new hires on it, to begin in the fall. Believe it when you see it, though. But I'm hearing this from multiple sources. Sure would be nice.

It seems to make sense....but come April will tell what happens.

My god guys. Knock this crap off! Believe it when they are on line! Not before then. You know, maybe your right now that it think of it. I did see Feris at 31 Flavors last night.

I agree with Mamba. Why on earth would we hire after the summer flying? If they were going to recall and/or hire, they would be doing it now, so that the bodies would be available by May for the summer flying, not in the fall so they can sit next winter.

..........Why on earth would we hire after the summer flying? If they were going to recall and/or hire, they would be doing it now, so that the bodies would be available by May for the summer flying, not in the fall so they can sit next winter.

Simple. 2+1 even for furloughs and they are back on the line in less than a month.

I agree with Mamba. Why on earth would we hire after the summer flying? If they were going to recall and/or hire, they would be doing it now, so that the bodies would be available by May for the summer flying, not in the fall so they can sit next winter.

because historically, November is one of the biggest retirement months at CAL, and it also represents another change in the GATT rate. CAL is anticipating a large amount of retirements this fall.

Yogi

because historically, November is one of the biggest retirement months at CAL, and it also represents another change in the GATT rate. CAL is anticipating a large amount of retirements this fall.

Yogi

CAL doesn't anticipate a M'f*cking thing when it comes to flight crew staffing. Don't buy this rumor...

Yogi

Not sure where you are getting your data from. CAL is expecting 4 retirements this whole year.

That's close to the number they projected for 2009 as well, but we had about 60 pilots retire. The retirement projection on the system bids mean nothing.

Latest resources

Back