CAE Sumiflite Morristown for G-550

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

G3G4

Will be going to Simuflite for G-550 recurrent for the first time. Been a Flight Safety student for 12 years. Any comments about their training?

And does anyone know why they do a 4 and 5 day recurrent? Whats the difference?

Any hotel recommendations for the area?

Will be going to Simuflite for G-550 recurrent for the first time. Been a Flight Safety student for 12 years. Any comments about their training?

And does anyone know why they do a 4 and 5 day recurrent? Whats the difference?

Any hotel recommendations for the area?

I've only been through NETC for 7X initial and one recurrent, but generally the instructors are great and the center management and scheduling suck great big donkey balls. 4 vs 5 day recurrent is probably related to pt 91/135.

Lots of hotels on Rt 10. The Marriott is great, there's a Hilton across the street and a Hyatt at the intersection of I-287. For eats I recommend Billy's Red Room (looks like the inside of a tackle box) and Jersey Mike's (both pretty close to the NETC) and REALLY recommend Esposito's for orgasmic subs and The Reservoir Tavern up in Boonton for ridiculous Italian food and pretty cheap drinks. If you have late sims and want to debrief over a beer, Zagurski's is a total dive and has last call at 0200. If you're a stogie aficionado, The JR Outlet east on Rt 10 has a really nice Irish-type pub where you can smoke inside like a gentleman, drink Boddington's and good scotch.

The Hilton on rt-10 is one of those hotels where you can't get the AC on in the winter, so if you like your room cooler than 75, don't stay there. I'd stay at the Marriot, the Hyatt Place, or the Embassy Suites up in Parsippany. As for restaurants, add the Tabor Rd Tavern just west of the Hilton/Marriot, and if you like Indian food check out Baadshah near the Embassy Suites.

I usually stay at the Marriott on Rt 10, it was recently renovated and they have a decent pub.

Can't speak for NETC's Gulfstream program, but the "free" coffee blows compared to FlightSafety.

4-day recurrent is standard, 5-day is "extended" with an extra sim session at no extra cost (at least in the CJ3 program) and they also offer a compressed 3-day recurrent where you do 8 hours of ground AND a sim session on day 2.

Dunkin' Donuts, Panera, Qdoba, Starbucks, etc. are all within 10 minutes of the Hilton/Marriott - assuming you find a place to turn around up there since New Jersey doesn't believe in left turn lanes.

4-day recurrent is standard, 5-day is "extended" with an extra sim session at no extra cost (at least in the CJ3 program) and they also offer a compressed 3-day recurrent where you do 8 hours of ground AND a sim session on day 2.
That's the same in the 550 excepting the 3 day option.

I've only been through NETC for 7X initial and one recurrent, but generally the instructors are great and the center management and scheduling suck great big donkey balls. 4 vs 5 day recurrent is probably related to pt 91/135.

Lots of hotels on Rt 10. The Marriott is great, there's a Hilton across the street and a Hyatt at the intersection of I-287. For eats I recommend Billy's Red Room (looks like the inside of a tackle box) and Jersey Mike's (both pretty close to the NETC) and REALLY recommend Esposito's for orgasmic subs and The Reservoir Tavern up in Boonton for ridiculous Italian food and pretty cheap drinks. If you have late sims and want to debrief over a beer, Zagurski's is a total dive and has last call at 0200. If you're a stogie aficionado, The JR Outlet east on Rt 10 has a really nice Irish-type pub where you can smoke inside like a gentleman, drink Boddington's and good scotch.

This, especially the Reservoir rec - but be very,very hungry. Huge portions.

Mexican - Chili Willies just up the road from The Reservoir.

Jersey Mikes - bland food but works in a pinch, think Subway. They now have lunch service at the center. Salad/soup/sandwich typical stuff.

Marriott Rt10 good stay, especially if you want a decent bar. Nice Jersey girl happy hour business suit action (if thats your thing)

Hyatt Place Smith Road is new and quiet and no traffic to/from center if you dont require a bar/restaurant. I also like the Hyatt at Headquarters Plaza, downtown MMU. Check Dublin Pub nearby.

The "free" coffee is Dunkin Donuts at the NETC....but the Citation clients aren't allowed to have it.

Management has GREATLY improved and the center is very nice. Scheduling can be dicey, stay on top of them.

Have fun.

Gulfstream 200 said:
The "free" coffee is Dunkin Donuts at the NETC....but the Citation clients aren't allowed to have it.

I *knew* there was a reason I felt like poor white trash there...

Seriously, did they ditch the Douwe Egberts liquid nastiness?

I *knew* there was a reason I felt like poor white trash there...

Seriously, did they ditch the Douwe Egberts liquid nastiness?

Yes...now DD coffee.

That other stuff was total crap, wasn't it?

Latest resources

Back