Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Saabslime

Dysfunctional family
Just wondering if anybody else on here is going to class next month? See ya there!...........the slime

I start on Monday! Twelve of us for Bus training. I can't wait! I'm glad to hear there is another class in August. It sounds like they are understaffed right now and cancelling flights out of PHX. The great news is that they just announced the fifth consecutive profitable quarter... hope it continues.

Where do they put you up during training? Do you think it would be a good idea to bring my own wheels or is the hotel close enough to food, etc. to sufice. I'm eventually moving down there anyway but looking at about 1800 miles on the road. Not sure if I want to do that right before class or not...

For anyone who's been through training.........how long for indoc, systems, sim, to ioe?

Saabslime said:
Where do they put you up during training?
Good joke. Ooops, you weren't joking. You're on your own here.
Do you think it would be a good idea to bring my own wheels or is the hotel close enough to food, etc. to sufice.
If you are able definitely have a car. Unlike most cities all the good crashpads here require a car. I'm in the only crashpad that provides transportation to the training center, the Country Inn Tempe. It's a good deal but not the most convenient, plus it's not the best environment for groundschool studying. Lots of SWA guys here that wake up at 0400 and shake the bunks.
For anyone who's been through training.........how long for indoc, systems, sim, to ioe?
Indoc and systems whiz by in four weeks. Airbus sim is scheduled for four weeks (including CPT) but for some, like me, it's taken an extra two weeks due to cancellations. I was told the wait for IOE is around a week but I can't confirm that yet. Enjoy!

(AWA) Dude

Saabslime said:
Where do they put you up during training? Do you think it would be a good idea to bring my own wheels or is the hotel close enough to food, etc. to sufice. I'm eventually moving down there anyway but looking at about 1800 miles on the road. Not sure if I want to do that right before class or not...

Congrats to ya!! Welcome aboard, we don't put you up anywhere, you are all on your own in that dept. The Roadway Inn is $29/night and has a breakfast every morning. They provide transportation to and from the training center so that isn't a problem. Good training and the building is cool (temp wise) inside. That's good because outside it's 105+ everyday now. We are understaffed so flights get canned out of both PHX and LAS but that should all end soon with the new additions to the staff.

WD.

Good christ.....just what kind of company am I signing on with here? Even Mesaba put me up in a hotel during all of training. Do they at least pay you during training? How much? What other surprises do I have in store??????

Don't mean to start sounding negative already but I really wasn't planning on having to shell out so much $$ for hotel and all. Guess I've had the silver spoon up my arse too long and assumed a company at this level would provide a room during class. If anyone can help a cash strapped guy out with a crashpad or room for rent, please pm me with the details. I really am excited about joining the team but this is kind of a blow right now...........like I said, cash strapped with family and all.

Last edited:
Fyi

Saabslime,

While several regional airlines do put you up in training, I'm not aware of any Major or National/LCC type airlines that put you up in training unless you're in training away from your base-i.e. you did sim training in MIA instead of PHX. I'm sure someone will chime in with a company that does put you up in training, but far and way the opposite is true. Some of the larger majors put you and significant other up for the first day of school when they were hiring, but that's about it.

<<While several regional airlines do put you up in training, I'm not aware of any Major or National/LCC type airlines that put you up in training unless you're in training away from your base-i.e. you did sim training in MIA instead of PHX.>>

Jetblue does. American does. Delta does. Alaska does. Southwest?? not sure.

Everybody that is going to class in August can you guys post your stats?

Total time, turbinetime, PIC, how many LORS, timne from app to interview,

Latest resources

Back