• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

C-130 Units

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You might want to try and find out anything about Lynden Air Cargo. Took some of our old SAT hercs. I think they are in ANC.

I noticed on that page that the Herc can carry 4k on the rear door. How would you be able to get anything inside in order to put it on the, after you closed the door? Seems like you wouldn't be able to get back there to load up the door with cargo.

Also, what kind of requirements would be needed to get a job flying the C-130? I've always wanted to get a civilian job flying one, especially after watching the ones out of LIT fly up the White River in Arkansas. And, having 750+ hours in a C130 would probably look impressive on my resume when I moved on to Corporate flying.

Does anyone know what kind of flying this company does?

thanks

Sorry,

I've got 2000+ hours flying an L-382 and it means exactly nothing for getting ANY flying job. Even flying an L-382.

The aviation world does not work quite like how you think it does. Again, sorry.

So all a company would care about is that I had X amount of multi-turbine time?

To answer the original question:

call Lynden in ANC. Word on the street is that Mendoza has some hot isht coming in a container down by the docks at midnight, and also that Lynden is looking for PFE's for their new bird(s). :)

I hear they don't want anybody with any aspirations to tough a yoke though, ever. But it can't hurt.

Good luck, and have a happy new year.

Dan

Your not throwing in the towel on the pilot thing are you? As much as I liked being an FE, I don't think I could go back to the FE seat again unless there was a large carrot awaiting me.
I think you'll find most FE jobs a dead end. The only companies I know that allow SO to move up to FO are Evergreen and ATI. If your not hard over on flying Hercs again, you might want to try Souther Air. A good friend of mine (ex C-130 FE) got hired on with them to FE on 747s.
There is an outfit down in CEW I think the name is Temper Air but they pretty much feed off of the spec ops types. Lynden and Transafrique are the only other ones that come to mind.
Good luck with whatever you do...

Try SafAir. -382's out of England and Singapore.

The CEW outfit is Tupper Aviation and you will do your interview at Langley, VA.

With the death of SAT it's pretty hard to get a civil Herk job.

Good Luck, it's the finest airplane ever built.

Latest resources

Back