BWI Aviation Medical Examiners..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

StarrBuck

Ok, at my current airline every base has a doctor that the majority of the pilots go to.. Recently moved to Baltimore, and don't have any clue what Docs. are good, and which ones are not.. If anyone needs a good Doc in Houston, or Cleveland let me know!!

Thanks in advance..

S.B.

I use Dr. Donald Hislop in Severna Park, MD. He is just off Benfield Rd (go south of BWI on I-97). $75 or $80, I forget. Buts its painless and quick. Lots of SWA guys and there used to be a lot of MetroJet guys there. I don't have his # handy but he is listedd in phone book.

I use ...

Alan G. Stahl, M.D.
Internal Medicine
4801 Dorsey Hall Drive
Suite 201
Ellicott City, MD 21042
(410) 997-7660 - voice
(410) 772-0256 - fax

About 15 minutes from BWI ...

There are two easy ways to get there from BWI ...

1) Dorsey Road to 100 West ... 29 South ... 108 West ... 1st T/L right turn ... 2nd T/L right turn ... 1/10 mile on the right ...

or

2) 195W ... 95S ... 100 West (then follow the direction in #1)

Dr. Stahl is a pilot...so you will have to endure some Q&A about airplanes. I have a feeling he'd rather fly for a living...

Dr. Kessler

I use Dr. Kessler. He is in Northern DC, about 40 minutes from BWI. It is hard to get short notice appointments with him, but he is worth the wait. 301-891-6097

I use Dr. Richard Little. His office is at MTN, on the northeast side of town. His number is (410) 581-6799. Very easy to get an appointment, and pretty laid back.

I used the guy in Ellicott City once, and haven't been back since. His nurse did the eye exam with a machine from the 40's!! When she got the thing out, she had to take a few minutes to blow the dirt and dust off it. I have never had eye problems before, or since, but almost didn't pass the eye test. All the letters were covered with dirt. No kidding.

BWI Fisrt class medical Doc

DONALD HISLOP
31 ROBINSON ROAD, SEVERNA PARK MD 21146

(301) 647-4242

Just west of Route 2 in Severna Park next to the B&A bike trail (15-20 min from BWI). As someone else said, relatively painless first class for $80. He is a retired Navy Doc and he's on the SWA HMO list.

Dr. Hislop is the best!

I have used Dr. Donald Hislop and highly recommend him. Some else has already included his contact information. Robinson Road is off of Rt. 2 in Severna Park.

The Class I is painless and he is good at answering any other medical or general health questions as well.

Jeff

Thanks!@!@

Appreciate all the input.. My wife is a pilot also and we went over to Dr. Hislop yesterday to have her medical done, mine is next month.. Very painless, and a real nice guy.. I'll definitley rec. him in the future..

Just remember "Uhh.. No, never had any knee pain":D

Latest resources

Back