Buying brand new B-350 - wish list ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
better deal

The King Air 350 can't do a lot of things the CJ3 can do and the CJ3 can't do a lot of things the King Air 350 can do. I'm sure most of us would rather be bouncing around in the CJ however the 350 is really an amazing machine if it fits your needs.

The mission I flew the 350 on was a royal pain, but the plane itself was a joy to fly. As far as turbo-props go I wouldn't want to be in any other model, period.

As far as options the Proline 21 makes the plane extremely user-friendly compared to the older Proline 2 package. All the other stuff is fluff...nice to have, but you'll be very happy with what's included now.

IFIS, XM Weather, but also get an EFB. It's nice to have a back up if you don't want to carry a bunch of charts. What do you do in the middle of nowheresville when the IFIS doesn't want to work.

The only timer I had a IFIS issue it was a database fault that would have crashed the EFB also. We keep paper back up on the hawker even though we have dual IFIS. Cheap Insurance. When our database fault occurred both IFIS servers went down. Open the cabinet. Pull the NOS out.. No problem.

Part 135, yes. Part 91, no.

I take back the word required and insert the following from AC 91-78

6. REMOVAL OF PAPER FROM THE COCKPIT FOR OPERATIONS UNDER PART 91.
a.​
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]EFBs/ECDs can be used during all phases of flight operations in lieu of paper reference material when the information displayed meets the following criteria:

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
(1)​
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]The components or systems onboard the aircraft which display precomposed or interactive information are the functional equivalent of the paper reference material.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
(2)​
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]The interactive or precomposed information being used for navigation or performance planning is current, up-to-date, and valid.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
NOTE: Supporting reference material such as legends, glossaries, abbreviations, and other information is available to the pilot but is not required in the cockpit during operation.
b.
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]The in-flight use of an EFB/ECD in lieu of paper reference material is the decision of the aircraft operator and the pilot in command. Any Type A or Type B EFB application, as defined in AC 120-76A may be substituted for the paper equivalent. It requires no formal operational approval as long as the guidelines of this AC are followed.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
c.
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]It is suggested that a secondary or back up source of aeronautical information necessary for the flight be available to the pilot in the aircraft. The secondary or backup information may be either traditional paper-based material or displayed electronically.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Latest resources

Back