Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

But Dave will leave if we vote in a union....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That if a pension for life is good enough for you and him, then it is good enough for any American who puts in 20.

But social programs are under in attack in America. Social Security, healthcare, pensions.... (not your pension... its ok, don't worry....)

Still wondering exactly what that has to do with yip's post on the previous page about the various places he's worked and compensation he's worked for.

So he gets income from a military pension...so ********************ing what? Everyone chooses their own path in life, and everyone else was equally able to shape their career path to they could earn a military retirement and be in a similar position.

How's that any different from someone who has a substantial bit of wealth because of years of investments, or 20 years of working a side business during their career? Perhaps people would snipe at those guys, too, because of their personal income making them not need to have a higher paying job?

It in no way invalidates the point of his post...it instead makes the people bringing that up as if it were some factor of consequence look like a bunch of whiny bitches who are angry because they didn't make the same financially smart decisions.

Rez's too

Of course those $$ you get from the Navy helps make those decisions a little easier don't they.
as per the post to Rez, it was available to everyone who volunteered during the Vietnam War, how come if it was such a good deal everyone didn't jump on the bandwagon?

Good. ALPA can't get me anything better than what we have now except take my money. We will have to give up more than we get back. Cheers

How can you say that? Everytime Jetblue has an incident the pilot is put at a table and on the other side is his/her subordinates and 2 company attorneys. How can you call this protection?

ALPA will deliver JBLU pilots security in knowing that the best saftey legal representation money can buy will be sitting with them at that table. Leave the blue juice at the door, you guys worked hard for your tickets and deserve the best money can buy legal protecting it.

How can you say that? Everytime Jetblue has an incident the pilot is put at a table and on the other side is his/her subordinates and 2 company attorneys. How can you call this protection?

ALPA will deliver JBLU pilots security in knowing that the best saftey legal representation money can buy will be sitting with them at that table. Leave the blue juice at the door, you guys worked hard for your tickets and deserve the best money can buy legal protecting it.

First of all you have no say in this matter. You don't even work here and know what it is like to work here. Second, I have been at 2 other ALPA carriers before, including 1 major. I have seen how ALPA works. Some airlines need ALPA. It is a good organization for those who need it. However we will have to give away alot more than we gain by voting in a union. That means we will loose quality of life to gain very little in return. I'm not for that.

As for job protection, it says in my contract that if I get furloughed the company will continue to pay my salary until my contract runs out. That's more security that I got when I was furloughed from my major ALPA carrier. ALPA didn't even try to help me get on at another ALPA carrier that was hiring. That's the job security your talking about? ALPA didn't even help me find a job at all.

As for legel representation when a pilot screws up. We had a plane land with parking brake on and the company didn't fire them. They got retrained and are back on the line. In my opinion, if your a dumbass and do stupid crap to damage an airplane and hurt customers ALPA should not protect your job. If my wife is flying on a plane, I want her to be safe. I have seen ALPA protect guys that should not be in the cockpit flying my family around. Is that the job protection your speaking of?

Still wondering exactly what that has to do with yip's post on the previous page about the various places he's worked and compensation he's worked for.
Because he will gladly accept substandard wages becuase he has his pension and medical. Not right, wrong, good or bad... it just is...

So he gets income from a military pension...so ********************ing what? Everyone chooses their own path in life, and everyone else was equally able to shape their career path to they could earn a military retirement and be in a similar position.
You are correct.....

How's that any different from someone who has a substantial bit of wealth because of years of investments, or 20 years of working a side business during their career? Perhaps people would snipe at those guys, too, because of their personal income making them not need to have a higher paying job?
valid point...

It in no way invalidates the point of his post...it instead makes the people bringing that up as if it were some factor of consequence look like a bunch of whiny bitches who are angry because they didn't make the same financially smart decisions.
What it does is... de unify a labor group....

Sorry, but I've heard the words directly out of ex-MIL guys mouths....

"yeah I know the pay is weak, but I've got my pension and I've always wanted to fly at the airlines......so I can do this"

Meanwhile you got guys that are trying to feed and house a family.

It is what it is..... however, it would be nice though if the guys with pensions would not make it so easy for management to pay less.....

I am sure you disagree...

Because he will gladly accept substandard wages becuase he has his pension and medical. Not right, wrong, good or bad... it just is...
Who are you to judge what someone takes a job for when they are unemployed, they have an entirely different prospective what is a good job. It is up to me to prove to my employer that I am worth more than he is presently paying me, if the employer can not figure that out then you go to the next job. What would be the difference between having a pension and a wife making 40K+ in determining what job you take?

Cowboy, If you're not on reserve you have very little idea about the quality of life we have already lost. Unilaterally, with the company taking the input of the PVC and then disregarding it completely. Or perhaps you haven't had the pleasure of staying in the new BUF hotel with non-functioning door locks and room invasions. Another example of C.S. taking the Hotel Committee's recommendations and using them for Toilet Paper.

And for the love of Christ, please learn the lose/loose and your/you're grammatical distinctions. It's not that hard; basic high-school level English stuff. It reflects poorly on our work group when we don't even aspire to attain basic levels of communication competence. Of course, JetBlue doesn't require a degree...

By the way, you know for a fact that the SMF crew applied the parking brake do you? Are you in our "crack" (or crackpot) Flight Safety department? Or did they accidentally grab the rudder trim? Or was there a malfunction in the system? Great to have guys like you backing your fellow airmen.

You might also like to know why the Captain of 292 (the LAX nose-gear flight) is voting for ALPA. Do you think he's a screw-up too?

And for the love of Christ, please learn the lose/loose and your/you're grammatical distinctions. It's not that hard; basic high-school level English stuff. It reflects poorly on our work group when we don't even aspire to attain basic levels of communication competence. Of course, JetBlue doesn't require a degree...?
Hey! that stfuf is hrad I got a copule degeres and I have still not fiugred it out. You know why? Becuase it hsa nohting ot do with fliyng an airlpane.

Latest resources

Back