Bring back Gerorge Wallace, Please...!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dixieflyer

You have your heros, I have mine. If we had more George Wallace and Lester Maddox types this country would be better off. Amen.

Personaly I think Malcom X and Farakaun, Jackson, and Sharpton are the true racists.

Malcolm X was assasinated after he changed his name to Malik Shabbazz, he renounced the hypocriacy of the Nation of Islam's view on race after his pilgrimage to Mecca. During the pilgramage he learned that the Nation's view on race relations were contradictory to the teaching of the Koran. Unfortunately his murder occured shortly after his return from Mecca, before he could have an effect on the followers of the Nation. The founder of the Nation of Islam's (Elijah Mohhamed) own son( Imam Warith Al-Deen) is a Sunni muslim, and dosent believe in the racist views of the Nation. I will credit the Nation in giving Black men a source of strength and an encouragment to improve their communities and family circle.

Originally posted by dixieflyer
You have your heros, I have mine. If we had more George Wallace and Lester Maddox types this country would be better off. Amen.
Wow...how do you fly with that white hood over your head?
Personaly I think Malcom X and Farakaun, Jackson, and Sharpton are the true racists.
Uh huh. Wallace, Maddox, Thurmond...Lott. They loved everybody, right? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
dixieflyer said:

<lynard skynard>

In Birmingham they love the governor, oh oh oh
Now we all did what we could do
Now Watergate does not bother me
Does your conscience bother you?
Tell the truth

</lynard skynard>

This one has flame-bait written all over it. George Wallace was a racist, not a great American. Typhoon, leave Trent Lott alone, coolio, you have no idea what you are talking about. Sharpton and Jessie are disgraces to their own races, let alone their title "rev". A pastor is one who looks after the good of all, not just those with his own skin color. Those two will spend eternity in a hot place. How about Senator Byrd (Dem) who just admitted he was briefly a part of the KKK? You don't see the media ripping him a new one or blacks demanding that he be removed. Yet Trent Lott makes a general statement about Strom Thurmond and he is destroyed by the Liberal media. The left is so hypocritical.

You do know that George Wallace renounced his former views later in life? I really hope you knew this, and this is why you support him. Otherwise, I think this is just flame bait. I found it interesting, though that he changed so dramatically. Good for him.

"In 1974, he made a concerted effort to amend the harm he had sponsored against African-Americans. Over the following ten years, he would serve two more terms as Alabama's Governor" (<-- after winning a large percentage of the black vote.)

Also in 1974 he paid a visit to the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church in Montgomery, the church where Martin Luther King kindled the Civil Rights movement years before -- in an emotional gesture of sincere reconciliation.

I think his life is a fascinating story of redemption. Sadly, it's pretty rare in the world of politics these days to see a man truly repent for his wrong-doings, change, and be rewarded by the voting public.

Last edited:
On behalf of all decent, southern, white boys everywhere, please allow me to apologize for the throw-back (DixieFlyer). And rest assured ... he's in the minority.

"YOU! Outta the gene pool!" - The Lifeguard

Rev. Thich Minh Thong
(A Southern White Buddhist Monk ... go figure.)

flyboy said:
Typhoon, leave Trent Lott alone...
Why?

If he meant what he said the way the black community took it, then he's a bigot. If he didn't mean it that way, then he's just stupid. One way or another, a professional politician who is constantly in the spotlight should know better.

Trent Lott did for the Republican Party what a handful of inebriated guys did for airline pilots.

Now what's her name is saying McCarthy

wasn't as fanatical against the percieved communist threat as was once thought.

And I do believe Strom Thurmond passed today at 100 years old. I think we have alot to learn from people that are 100 years old...especially people that were involved in the community or the running of the country.

As far as Ku Klux Klan and flying with hoods on? I'm just wondering what their safety pilot was wearing?

Re: Now what's her name is saying McCarthy

WrightAvia said:
As far as Ku Klux Klan and flying with hoods on? I'm just wondering what their safety pilot was wearing?
:D Now that's funny!

Latest resources

Back