• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dane

I miss the MD80!!
Morning Gents,

I ran a google search the other day looking for a flight bag. I then came across the Brightline website and became curious.

Does anybody have any opinion on the durability and functionality of the bag? I have looked at Tumi bags before, but they are ridiculously expensive. I do like the material that the Tumi is made of and thought that the Brightlines material may be the same.

Thanks,

dane

I'd check with SWABubba on this. He is notorious for carrying hot dogs in his bag on a 4-day trip to Lubbock, El Paso, and Amarillo, and the hot dog juice doesn't ever spill out onto the floor (just a little mustard on his tie).

Check out the
Contrailbags.com brand bags, very nice and very well made.
Even offers a discount to crew.

Last edited:
SWA has had EFB for a long time now no flight bags except cooler bags for food

SWA Booba still carries a flight bag though to carry the previously mentioned hot dogs around West Texas. Heard he has some Playgirl mags in there too.

The Brightline bag is outstanding. It's well made and I've packed up full of crap for a few years without issue. The multi colored zipper pulls are a little goofy, but rest of the bag more than makes up for that.

Thanks for the input.

Sounds like Brightline is ok option, I am however going to look into the Contrail.

Rgds,

dane

I ended up buying the Aerocoast pro pilot bag. Not sure I'm loving it though. It's a little bit large and there is not a great place for a bottle of water and/or my keys.

Latest resources

Back