Brazil Mid-Air Survivor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OUCH!!!

Not to 7500 this thread, but I have noticed many many foreign accents on the freq. in the past two years or so. Predominatley on regionals but others also. Is there not enough American pilots to fill those slots?

I was born in the states. Grew up abroad since my father was flying for a foreign carrier, therefore I have an accent. Should I go back too??? :rolleyes:

What makes you think they are not Americans?

Good point. I guess I am making a huge assumption that because their voices sound so much like the ones I've heard every day for 20 years working foreign carriers, that I assume their from another part of the world.

Having lived in Brazil for ten years (actually I'm 1/2 brazilian) I can attest that there are morons everywhere and yes this bombinha is a good example of a brazilian one. I'm actually embarassed by the examples he's using to prove his is a better country. Sending your underage daughter to buy beer sounds pretty dang redneck to me. And yes poverty and criminality are skyhigh...but the girls are fiiiine! :nuts: They also party like no one else.

Same here and I very much concur.

Last edited:
Ya exactly man. Get these FOREIGN idiots out of the sky here. Taking our US jobs. POLITICAL CORRECT THIS!!! Get um out of here.

Ya know, if we were able to return to survival of the fittest, NONE of this would be happening. These people get weeded out just by mother nature.

Take it easy brother. Don't be so arrogant. No one authorized to fly for a US airline can do so if he or she is not at least a Legal Resident of this country. Great part are US citizens, with either an American parent or married to an American Citizen. What you are implying is totally out of line. Nobody is taking YOUR jobs. They got hired like anybody else, and did so because they are talented people. At my carrier there are EXCELLENT and VERY SMART guys and gals from England, Brazil, Uruguay, Belgium, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Holland, Germany, Mexico, Peru, Canada, South Africa, Argentina, France to name the ones I can remember. They are doing a fine job and are helping this country move forward. Don't forget there are thousands of Americans flying and living overseas as well. Sometimes some DOMESTIC idiots are the ones that shouldn't be sitting in a cockpit here.
Think before you write.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back