Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Boeing Looks at 90 seat RJ...737 Successor on the way.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
fxbat said:
“He also has mentioned the 787 and that he felt the technologies in it were effective and something we might want in a future 737 sized plane”

Some one told me the NG’s deigns were influenced by what southwest wanted.
Could you imagine a 787 with toggle switches and a oven timer on the overhead?

I believe the NGs were designed like that to maintain a common type for all models. I would think that a brand new animal wouldn't be designed like that. It'd be a whole new type...797 or something. My .02

canyonblue737 said:
Gary has said in numerous interviews in the last year that SWA intended to work with Boeing (and I assume explore Airbus too... although I just don't ever see that happening) to get a new next generation aircraft primary to help with fuel efficency. He also has mentioned the 787 and that he felt the technologies in it were effective and something we might want in a future 737 sized plane, but at least now we get to see how it works on the 87.

We'll have to wait until the senior DAL guys retire. They'll never figure out the automation.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but TWA launced the thing with 111 seats with 2 classes of service. (I think).
True statement. 16 up front and 95 in the back.

Mitsubishi also has a new RJ on the board, it's all electric (ala 787), and is to be flying by 2010.

Latest resources

Back