• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Boeing 757

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hope that computer (or pitot tube) never fails!

The accident rate comparisons between Boeing and Airbus are a wash. Hope that rudder doesn't hard over/fuselage skin never blows a gasket ...

The bean-counters did the math and the savings was on the wall! As for a 757NG; sooped up efficient motors, paired with a sleaker/cleaner wing, with winglets, SFP and 737NG glass!

It's be one sexy B!atccch!!!

In my opinion this plane is one of the best ever built. Why did Boeing not create a next gen version of this? The 737900 is such a dog and will never live up to the 757. It seems like a 757 with new engines would be a great plane

I would assume that if there had been sufficient customer demand with a large amount of orders going out into the future to make the program profitable they would have kept it. The 737 family was getting the orders. They could put the aircraft back into production with an updated design if the demand was there I suppose but I don't imagine that would ever happen. Boeing has pinned their future on the 787 and the 737 family.

You notice those aircraft were FLOWN to a safe landing? You're airbus pops a few CB's and you're just a passenger.

You've just convinced me you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

I recall reading that Boeing shut it down due to lack of orders because everyone was ordering the cheaper less capable 737 family.

At the time Boeing axed the 757, their official reason was that with the introduction of the upcoming 787, there would be no more market for the 757. Between the longest 737 (the 900) and the short version of the 787, all seat capacities and ranges were covered. No economical reason to continue building it. That, and when the 787 was announced, airlines flocked to order it instead of the older, less fuel efficient 757.

That was Boeing's story, anyway. I don't know why they'd lie about it.

Bubba

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back