Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JTrain

Ladies & Gentlemen,

I am projecting that sometime on Wednesday (Dec 31st), BobbySamd will add his 4000th post to the FlightInfo board. (As I write this, it is the evening of Sun Dec 28th; BobbySamd currently is at 3986 posts, and has been averaging between 5-6 posts/day since the FlightInfo board was reborn in its current format near the end of 2001).

As a minor contributor to the board (I've yet to crack 100 posts) I'd like to personally thank BobbySamd for everything he ads to this site. Often he stands as the voice of experience and and reason, offering his counsel and wisdom to the next generation of aviators. Not many people are willing to go out of their way to help like so, and BobbySamd is truly unique in his desire to share his knowledge and background with others. On behalf of the entire FlightInfo community - thanks BobbySamd!

JTrain

p.s. we explored this discussion once in the past - we've *got* to get your current again - any more thoughts?

p.s. we explored this discussion once in the past - we've *got* to get your current again - any more thoughts?

I personally would like to see this materialize and happen since it is quite obvious that he still has quite an interest and love for this industry. I still believe without a doubt in my mind that the time will come where he re-enters this profession, he has "accomplished" too much not to finish what was started a long time ago. It may not happen overnight, next month, or this year, but I do believe that he will one day be back in the industry that he still loves to this day. The flight time, knowledge, background, experience, etc, etc, is there now it is just a matter of getting him "current" which is the easy part.!! !! !! !! !!

I admire very few people in this indsutry but Bobby is one guy that I have the utmost of respect and admiration for. I find it amazing that post after post he refuses to include the negativity and insults that have been common for many who frequent this board. To date I have not seen one negative post from him, all have been "positive" and have been tailored in a manner to help his fellow aviators out, especially the up and coming "younger" generation.

Bobby, you truly are a special person to this board that many look up to and I look forward to continuing to read what you have to post for years to come. I wish you and your entire family a very prosperus and safe New Years.. Next time in DIA the BBQ is on me.:D

3 5 0

ps>>I think 4000 will come before wed. !! !! My guess is monday or tuesday morning at the very latest.

JTrain said:
we explored this discussion once in the past - we've *got* to get your current again - any more thoughts?

We talked about that yesterday over BBQ. It seems that between wrangling lawsuits and us morons he has very little time on his hands. Who knows? Maybe Bob can pull himself away from Flightinfo long enough to renew his CFI and get current... One can only hope that the aviation community could be so lucky!

Here's to number 4000...

Skyking :cool:

JTrain said:
Ladies & Gentlemen,

I am projecting that sometime on Wednesday (Dec 31st), BobbySamd will add his 4000th post to the FlightInfo board. (As I write this, it is the evening of Sun Dec 28th; BobbySamd currently is at 3986 posts, and has been averaging between 5-6 posts/day since the FlightInfo board was reborn in its current format near the end of 2001).

As a minor contributor to the board (I've yet to crack 100 posts) I'd like to personally thank BobbySamd for everything he ads to this site. Often he stands as the voice of experience and and reason, offering his counsel and wisdom to the next generation of aviators. Not many people are willing to go out of their way to help like so, and BobbySamd is truly unique in his desire to share his knowledge and background with others. On behalf of the entire FlightInfo community - thanks BobbySamd!

JTrain

I've got a ways to go to get that many posts....

I think it would be great if B.S.D. could time his 4,000th post to be exactly at midnight on New Years.

As far as hobbies go for B.S.D? Nothing wrong with writing and evidently he enjoys it, sounds like a hobby to me.

Goodness sakes . . . .

Thanks, everyone, for the extremely kind comments. I am extremely touched.

This board and its predecessor has been my lifeline back to aviation. I hadn't thought much about flying since 1993, the last time I was employed in aviation, except that I'd flip through my AOPA Pilot once in a while and would look to the skies when I heard engines. I found the first version of the board in 2001, a couple of months before 911, and, except for several rules changes, different paintjobs on aircraft and company names, that very little had really changed! Same concerns about training, getting chances, getting jobs, interviewing, career-building, and, seemingly, greater concerns about you-know-what. So, although my reference point was and still is primarily the early '90s and my story hasn't exactly been one of great success, I wanted to contribute. I thought that my experiences might lend perspective to our readers.

In that light, I have written what some might perceive as negative comments about issues such as age discrimination and later-life career-changing. Everything I've written is based on my experiences. I call things as I see them.

Skyking and I indeed discussed me flying again at lunch Saturday at Brothers BBQ near APA. I'd love to, but, as we all know, flying requires a major time and financial commitment. For me, that would involve some hours flying, but quite a few more hours studying. My life has changed since I was flying, and, sadly, I don't have the time to commit at this time. I hope I will, someday. I'd love to get back my CFI and take a student or two.

Finally, I do have other interests. I watch and follow football, with a special interest in alternative football, such as Arena, NFL-Europe, and CFL (unfortunately, no CFL on the tube this past fall :( ). I watch other TV and read. I have my family. But I really enjoy spending time here on flightinfo.com. People do not realize the board's value as a resource. Twelve years ago, there were no internet aviation message boards. Any company information and interview gouge came through rumors or from outdated Kit Darby files, with many vital career decisions based on such inauthentic information. Now, with this board, you put up a question and will receive mostly authentic, real-time feedback within a couple of hours.

Thanks again, everyone. I guess this is Post No. 3991.

Last edited:
Congrats Bobbysamd! You are the voice of wisdom on this board and we all appreciate when you chime in on topics!

Hey, maybe you could start flying for one of those "virtual airlines" with MSFS. It's a heck of alot cheaper than real flying!
:D

Again, congrats and thankyou!

Here's to 4000 more!

JD

Northern Lights said:
Looks like Bobby just Hit number 4000. All it took was a good ole' fashoned PFT debate
Yeah. <sigh>

Thanks much, however. Demonstrating to me, anyway, that few things have changed during the 10+ years that I've been out.

I do appreciate everyone's extremely kind comments. Happy New Year to all! :cool:

Latest resources

Back