• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bloch Interpertation and 9E

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta is not calling anyone anytime soon and United-well I guess you have to be someone special in order to get a call from them (did flyer get a call?). That being said-I do not think its in anyone best interest to council anyone else financially unless you are very good friends-and even more so if you are making double the money of the other person.

I heard once a captain bragging to a 5 year FO about his two planes he owned-the very same captain I ignored when he pulled out his picture book of his planes-and then had the nerve to tell the FO "maybe when you are financially responsible, you too can own an airplane." Some people are just idiots. I also think Flyer is an idiot for constantly trying to continue any division between former XJ and 9E pilots. Before I was unfenced I knew a lot of great 9E people, and not that I am unfenced, I now know a lot more good people. That being said-I tend to go by a rule that goes something like this.... 80-10-10 80% of the people you run into are good people and a pleasure to be around. 10% are **************************************** and the other 10% are dumbasses. When talking about the Military-it's a 60-20-20 to account for the higher portion of the latter two groups. It seems when given power, the ratio goes up.

As for flyer-I am sure he is a good person and I have had some good chats with him-but the message boards clearly drive him into the latter two groups. I liked what you said Higney-makes a lot of sense

Delta is not calling anyone anytime soon and United-well I guess you have to be someone special in order to get a call from them (did flyer get a call?). That being said-I do not think its in anyone best interest to council anyone else financially unless you are very good friends-and even more so if you are making double the money of the other person.

I heard once a captain bragging to a 5 year FO about his two planes he owned-the very same captain I ignored when he pulled out his picture book of his planes-and then had the nerve to tell the FO "maybe when you are financially responsible, you too can own an airplane." Some people are just idiots. I also think Flyer is an idiot for constantly trying to continue any division between former XJ and 9E pilots. Before I was unfenced I knew a lot of great 9E people, and not that I am unfenced, I now know a lot more good people. That being said-I tend to go by a rule that goes something like this.... 80-10-10 80% of the people you run into are good people and a pleasure to be around. 10% are **************************************** and the other 10% are dumbasses. When talking about the Military-it's a 60-20-20 to account for the higher portion of the latter two groups. It seems when given power, the ratio goes up.

As for flyer-I am sure he is a good person and I have had some good chats with him-but the message boards clearly drive him into the latter two groups. I liked what you said Higney-makes a lot of sense

Yes, but only on the message boards. :)

Not that I agree with the "latte" rationale, but judging someone as to where they work is not your place, nor the right of anyone else. Everyone is different for a reason. You went to VX, I'm happy for you, but I have not and will not apply to VX. Does it mean that it's bad for you? No. Does it mean its good for me? No. The joy of free markets is that everyone gets a choice. Sometimes the choices aren't as ideal as we would like, but it's the game of life. Financial decisions to one may seem stupid, while to the next guy it's gold. If there was only 1 path none of us would be able to banter on the Internet.

Yes, but you have purple blood in your veins. You can afford to not go, get your time, and then join the family legacy if that is your thing. You were hired prior to '07 so you are ok. This poster in question is a May 2007 DOH XJ captain, telling 9E FOs to buy less Starbucks, and only wants to hold out for Delta or United. You are right, to each his own, but take it from personal experience that the '07 guys at this point are going to be beggars, not choosers. Especially if this end state 81 planes does happen by 2016.

Yes, but you have purple blood in your veins. You can afford to not go, get your time, and then join the family legacy if that is your thing. You were hired prior to '07 so you are ok. This poster in question is a May 2007 DOH XJ captain, telling 9E FOs to buy less Starbucks, and only wants to hold out for Delta or United. You are right, to each his own, but take it from personal experience that the '07 guys at this point are going to be beggars, not choosers. Especially if this end state 81 planes does happen by 2016.

Jeez, are you and the General related. You seem to have an opinion about everything

Well... it's only 9E that got the shaft with the Bloch award. Pretty sure XJ 2000-04 hires really have nothing to be angry about. We made out like kings!

Affirm..but the back hair is growing like a Chia Pet from all the great news. Oh well...we all have been affected/infected by this merger...Except colgan that is.

Well... it's only 9E that got the shaft with the Bloch award. Pretty sure XJ 2000-04 hires really have nothing to be angry about. We made out like kings!
Oh I sympathize with these guys, believe me. I wrote a thread on airlinks about how relative would hurt us and how DOH was best, but that thread was killed at the request of the 9E merger committee. I still think DOH would have been best, and most easiest pill to swallow. XJ and 9E would have been fair with it, and as for Colgan they would lose on DOH merger but god forbid they have to spend more than 15 months before upgrading to Saab captain. You XJ folks probably know this already, but the 9E's committee's #1 goal was to protect the seniors at 9E. I was told by one of the merger members that the -900 category was our worst case scenario and this was right after the Bloch award came out. Oh well. When you argue and fight unfairly, not update seniority lists, and not clarify up the class date issue, expect to have your rear end handed to you. To all XJ pilots, sorry 9E was too arrogant and didn't go for DOH.

Latest resources

Back