• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

binding arbitration for Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
....and of course the affected DCI and Airlink pilots aren't even envited to the table.....

You made your choice to stay where you are at. being at a regional will always mean you are a Contract thus you arent in the mix. If you think its a problem you could have always moved on and been part of the "solution" but instead you choose to just complain about the injustices you face on via FI. Now carry on with you Union bashing were waiting.:cool:

You made your choice to stay where you are at. being at a regional will always mean you are a Contract thus you arent in the mix. If you think its a problem you could have always moved on and been part of the "solution" but instead you choose to just complain about the injustices you face on via FI. Now carry on with you Union bashing were waiting.:cool:

I'll just hold ALPA to it's DFR responsibilities while you "real" pilots fight over "career expectations" and seniority lists.....

Carry on with the merger....

Cobra,

My seniority isn't important in the big scheme of things, but one Delta pilot's is because he is the trigger that makes much of Delta Connection and your AirLink reconfigure their airplanes.

What I'm telling you guys is that we have the cart in front of the horse. We do not even know what this contract means (us, or management) without doing the SLI first.

The first feedback I'm hearing from Delta pilots is negative on this agreement. I don't know if this will pass.

We need to do the SLI first, then the contract, IMHO. Maybe that's been fixed in a new section 1. We'll wait and see.

Both MECs apparently have been shown what happens with, and what happens without, a merged company. My guess is that you will be given a somewhat-in-depth glimpse during roadshows. My guess also is that without a merged company, and soon, it will not be a pretty picture. I would also guess that it will be uglier near term for one side, and uglier long term for the other.

Which will bring them to the order of JPWA and the SLI. I believe that both MEcs believe that this will undoubtedly turn into a USAIR/AWA fiasco should the SLI come first. It would, of course, be binding. It would also be very unlikely that this SLI would be hammered out prior to the DCC--which triggers ALPA merger policy. During ALPA merger policy, a list comes first, but is not in force until a joint PWA is negotiated AND, a very big AND, ratified by both pilot groups. This is the point where the timeline skewed in the AWA/USAir circus. USAir didn't like the list, and they were just going to NOT ratify the joint PWA--which was also going to be a while due to their management team--EVER. That is, until the list was redone wink, wink, nod, nod. In the meantime, a grass roots effort was successfully staged, and ALPA voted off the property. That is exactly where all parties are afraid this will head in the event of triggering ALPA merger policy. Thus, the inherent flaw in ALPA merger policy--well one of them anyway. One group can simply hold the whole thing hostage indefinitely, legally, non-scabbily, or whatever the name du-jour is. Meanwhile, efficiencies are not realized, little acronyms like BOB spring up and are implemented, and basically both companies go down in flames. NWA has already decided, and apparently Delta agrees, that the unknown is better, with a better PWA, than the known abortion that is AWA/USAir.

Of course, I could be wrong. But IMO, this thing is headed to arbitration--if the Delta pilots don't vote it down. The NWA guys will ratify overwhelmingly. They are getting exactly what they want--great raises and arbitration.

Puff,

Excellent post, Sir.

We truly will have to look at this JPWA agreement carefully. IF scope was written to deal with the DC9 refugees THEN it would be easy to support.

Both airlines' pilots have been through career hell with the bankruptcies. It would be hard to scare them. I hope the real sales pitch is in the quality of the plans we have made to deal with the inevitable fleet rationalization.

Along those lines, Comair pilots are being told that the growth switch has been turned off the in the last 24 hours and that Mesaba and Compass will grow. Also, it seems that Mesaba, Compass and Comair's back office functions are being combined.

They are getting exactly what they want--great raises and arbitration.

NALPA has said numerous times that they want to reach a joint SLI that is agreed upon by both sides. The only way either side wants arbitration is if a joint SLI cant be worked out quickly, then and only then has both sides it would pursue expedited arbitration. The point is we need to make sure this isnt a USair mess and we need the efficiencies the merger will provide in order to be a successful New DAL which is in ALL of our best interests. Here's to hoping cooler heads prevail in the SLI just as they did for the TA.:beer:

What exactly is a DC-9 refugee?

Its a DAL Fear grenade term ;). As of right now we are keeping more DC9s then we originally were so if RA's plan is true then RJs will get parked and the DC9s will cover that flying. Fins is right though about scope, it is a big deal especially in these economic times. If UAL had a thorough Scope language than their pilots might not be hitting the streets since the increased RJ's would be mainline aircraft.

Any idea when we will get an update from the MEC in regards to the TA?

....and of course the affected DCI and Airlink pilots aren't even envited to the table.....
Joe, enjoy the fact you are not at this table. You benefit from not being here & keep potential causes of action open.

It looks to me like NWA's DC9 flying will be outsourced and mainline is too focused on equity pay outs and raises to focus on their own job protections.

Whether Mesaba, Compass, Comair, or some version of your SkyWest gets the flying isn't decided here. Best to get on the phone with Jerry.

Probably be best to keep your powder dry and just wait for all of your alleged enemies to simply shoot eachother. Then you can pick up all the flying they forgot was important.

Have you seen the TA? Does it lift the restriction of anything over 70 or is it 76 will be flown by dal pilots? If no scope is relaxed there will eventually be something in between the 76 seaters (capped at 255 I believe) and the 88/319s. Too large of a gap. The replacement may not be here manana but as long as WE don't bend, they will eventually have to order something and we will be flying it.

Joe, enjoy the fact you are not at this table. You benefit from not being here & keep potential causes of action open.

It looks to me like NWA's DC9 flying will be outsourced and mainline is too focused on equity pay outs and raises to focus on their own job protections.

Whether Mesaba, Compass, Comair, or some version of your SkyWest gets the flying isn't decided here. Best to get on the phone with Jerry.

Probably be best to keep your powder dry and just wait for all of your alleged enemies to simply shoot eachother. Then you can pick up all the flying they forgot was important.

It looks to me like NWA's DC9 flying will be outsourced .....

Really? What gives you that idea?

I thought is was the inefficient 767s that were getting retired and the DAL guys were climbing all over themselves trying to bump junior NWA guys out of their seats. And now the -9s are going away? What gives???

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back