• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bill Cosby sounds fed up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The liberals are the "give a man a fish" crowd.
The conservatives are the "teach a man to fish" crowd

Very well said TB. Liberals have preached that minorities should expect the fish instead of teaching them how to fish. Which in turn oppresses minorities to expect instead of achieve. More Black leaders need to take a stand and accept responsibility for their community instead of blaming everyone but themselves.

Last edited:
Don't know about today, but back in 1995 Cosby would not hire white pilots. He operated a G4 and an early G5. Racism did exist in his flight departments hiring practices.

HEADWIND

Is it just me or am I the only one who doesn't remember any conservative ever taking a stand for the black community? I agree that more black leaders need to take a stand but in reality no one gives a damm. Especially in Washington.

Q200_FO said:
Is it just me or am I the only one who doesn't remember any conservative ever taking a stand for the black community? I agree that more black leaders need to take a stand but in reality no one gives a damm. Especially in Washington.

That's just the thing. Why should anyone have to take a stand for one specific group? Taking a stand for the black community would be racist itself.

Cosby would be astonished at the MEM TSA officers. Government agents. Can't understand a word they say.

Headwind said:
Don't know about today, but back in 1995 Cosby would not hire white pilots. He operated a G4 and an early G5. Racism did exist in his flight departments hiring practices.

HEADWIND

A very good point. I hope he has moved past that idea.

One of the longstanding liberal beliefs is that what is good for the minority goose cannot be permitted for the majority gander. For example, it's fine to have a United Negro College Fund, but not a United Cuacasian College Fund. Oprah and others can hire only Black pilots, but white stars cannot decide to hire pilots of their own race. No reason that they should, but there is also no reason for Oprah to hire only black pilots.

You see, for folks like the NAALCP, it's never been an issue of equality. Instead, it is just a permissible form of racism.

And just look at what that idea has done to the black community.

Again, TB you're completely clueless. The NAACP is not completely at fault for all the faults in the black community today. I don't mean to play the race card here, but blacks have been disadvantaged for years and the NAACP have at least put forth some effort to fix the situation. Yes there is a United Negro College fund, and the reason is because not everyone can afford to go to college. There are plenty of other scholarships for all the white kids so why are you all bitching over a few for the black kids? I'll admit that in recent years that more people expect things to be handed to them rather than work for it, but at the same time, discrimination still exists and something has to be done to combat it. The NAACP is all for equality, the thing is, until recent history, most other people weren’t. That's why it was created in the early 1900's so minorities could be lifted to become equal with everyone else that lived in this country. Get it right before you start bashing them and disrespecting their name.

Q200_FO said:
Yes there is a United Negro College fund, and the reason is because not everyone can afford to go to college. There are plenty of other scholarships for all the white kids so why are you all bitching over a few for the black kids?

So you mean to tell me that if I set up a scholarship that is only open to white males that people would not scream discrimination? You're right that not everyone can afford to go to college. Some white-males can finance it, just as some blacks can finance it.

Equality doesn't come by "giving" someone something, be it money, opportunity, etc. Equality is earned through respect and dignity.

Equality is earned through respect and dignity

You know, if whites thought like that 300 years ago, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now. That's too bad.

Latest resources

Back