Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

crash-proof

Hi, happy monday!

Noticing that several comments on the Jetta thread involved bikes, I thought perhaps we could branch that into a new thread.

My dreambike? Yamaha V-max , no doubt. That machine makes other bikes krapp in their pants. Sounds like a V8 too, not a V4.

Hopefully it'll work into next year's budget...maybe a used one.

What do you guys ride (or would like to ride)?

MV Agusta ago, Aprilia Mille R, but unless fire season picks up, it'll be a 996 Duc I saw on E bay

HD

I had an FXSTC. That's a Softail Custom for the uninitiated, but my wife "persuaded" me to sell it last year. Ouch.
If I ever get another Harley it will be a Springer Softail custom.

Any of the "Travel class" vehicles from BMW, which are:

K 1200 LT
R 1150 RT
R 1200 CL
K 1200 GT

However more than likely a pipe dream at this point in time

Since you are on the topic of bikes, is anyone familiar with english bikes such as the one in my user name.:) :p :D :) :p :D

Dream Bike

That is easy.

The hand crafted El Diablo II "RIGID".

West Coast Choppers, Jesse James.

EL Diablo II

Last edited:
I rode Harleys from the time I was 18 (1981) until I sold my last one in 1996, including stints in two clubs (one shut down by Bandidos MC, one taken over by Outlaws MC) and wouldn't ride beside the Weekend Harley Crowd today if someone offered me a new SoftTail Custom. These guys kill me ... a new Harley on Thursday ... $500 worth of leather on Friday and PRESTO ... instant 'Biker' by Saturday night. Sheesh!

I'll take the Ducati 996 please! Oh ... thank you very much. :D

Minh
(Former 69ers MC, former Ghostriders MC)

http://hondamotorcycles.com/motorcycles/Cruiser_Standard/

I have the '02 shadow spirit 750, black. A great ride, but not as much fun as the motocross or sportbikes that preceded it.

Crashproof: check out the Honda VTX 1800 on the link above. The Vmax would hide in the corner from the yamaha stomping power.

Snakum said:

I'll take the Ducati 996 please! Oh ... thank you very much. :D

Minh
(Former 69ers MC, former Ghostriders MC)

I knew we had common ground somewhere. Good choice.

enigma

Got a '98 HD FatBoy - love it - only wish I had the new Twin Cam engine (preferably with the Big Bore kit) Of course, if you REALLLLY want to go big, then try for the Dodge Tomahawk.....

I did hear another board and it was too funny to pass up: "Harley Davidson - the most efficient engine ever made for turning fuel into noise without the annoying horsepower by-product...."

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back