• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Diesel

TEB Hilton resident
Big Friggin WAH-

Jesus do some research before you come to NJA. If you have never flown corporate or charter before and just flew for the airlines you might want to talk to someone first.

Is this job for everyone? NOPE. SnakePilot is a fine example of it. He had no problem coming here when he needed money but now he's biatching louder than anyone. Did I hold a gun to his head for him to come here? Nope.

Does NJA have it's problems. YUP. That's no doubt. Are we working on fixing those problems? I believe so. I just hope we haven't gone past the point of return.

I didn't come here to build turbin time. This is a career. Does it suck to get the inquisition by pax about how to fly the plane? Yup. Does it suck that we have to clean the plane sometimes? Yup. But you know what?

THIS IS A SERVICE INDUSTRY. This isn't the airlines! We are providing the customer with a superior product. Flying the plane is the easy part.

If you aren't here to serve the owner inside and outside the cockpit then DON'T COME HERE.

This isn't the airlines. You don't turn left and close the door. I can't explain it easier than that. Flame away but this is the reality!

Diesel said:
You don't turn left and close the door.
I can vouch for that. I haven't even been able to find the door yet. The pax just kick in the curtain that IS there....it's really pathetic....I feel my safety is compromised...:p

"Jesus do some research before you come to NJA. If you have never flown corporate or charter before and just flew for the airlines you might want to talk to someone first."

I DID MY RESEARCH, AND THAT'S WHY I TURNED THEM DOWN YEARS AGO...I DIDN'T WANT TO BE A PAY-FOR-TRAINING WHORE AND ANYONE WHO DID SHOULD UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE ONE OF MANY REASONS THAT AVIATION COMPANIES DON'T PAY PROPER WAGES...WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO REPRINT THE PAYSCALE HERE AGAIN ? BY THE WAY, BBJ FA's MAKE MORE MONEY HERE THAN CAPTAIN'S THROUGH YEAR 3...HOW'S THAT FOR RESEARCH ?

"Is this job for everyone? NOPE. SnakePilot is a fine example of it. He had no problem coming here when he needed money but now he's biatching louder than anyone. Did I hold a gun to his head for him to come here? Nope. "

YES, I NEEDED A JOB (FURLOUGHED) JUST LIKE A VERY LARGE POPULATION HERE AT NUTJETS...YOUR PFT PROGRAM HAD BEEN CANCELLED OR I WOULDN'T OF EVEN CONSIDERED THIS OUTFIT...AND YES I AM BIATCHING...WHY DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT ? ARE YOU ANOTHER NUTJETS DEFENDER. AS FOR ME HAVING NO PROBLEM WITH COMING HERE FOR MONEY...DUH ? LET'S SEEEEE, UNEMPLOYMENT OR MAINTAINING MY FLYING CURRENCY (FOR WHEN A BETTER JOB COMES ALONG) AND MAKING SLIGHTLY MORE THAN UNEMPLOYMENT...NOT TOO HARD TO PICK AN ANSWER THERE (NOT EXACTLY LIKE HOLDING A GUN TO MY HEAD, BUT YOU ARE RESORTING TO "EXTREME" ANALOGIES TO SUPPORT YOUR PRO-NUTJETS POINT OF VIEW). DID YOU PICK UP ON THE SLIGHTLY MORE PART ?

"Does NJA have it's problems. YUP. That's no doubt. Are we working on fixing those problems? I believe so. I just hope we haven't gone past the point of return."

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THE NEW CONTRACT OFFERS, YOU WILL BE HERE TILL YOU RETIRE SO WHY DO YOU CARE ? PLEASE TELL THE TRUTH, YOU WILL STAY HERE NO MATTER WHAT THE NEW CONTRACT TELLS YOU TO DO. WHY DO I POINT THIS OUT ? BECAUSE IT GIVES INSIGHT AS TO YOUR ANGLE ON THIS WHOLE POST.

"I didn't come here to build turbin time. This is a career. Does it suck to get the inquisition by pax about how to fly the plane? Yup. Does it suck that we have to clean the plane sometimes? Yup. But you know what?
THIS IS A SERVICE INDUSTRY. This isn't the airlines! We are providing the customer with a superior product. Flying the plane is the easy part.
If you aren't here to serve the owner inside and outside the cockpit then DON'T COME HERE.
This isn't the airlines. You don't turn left and close the door. I can't explain it easier than that. Flame away but this is the reality!"

You assume so much...you assume we ex-airline personnel have a problem with the items you list above. You assume we came here uneducated about YOUR little "dream job." You LOVE Netjets and you vehemently berate anyone who puts it down (me). Why ? The truth hurts ? You are embarrassed that you picked Netjets for a career (I'd be) ? Did you PFT ? What is the problem here ? Could you not get hirerd at a Major ? I am merely telling like it is, from mine (and MANY others here - don't kid yourself). The pay SUCKS. The work rules SUCK. The gateway system SUCKS. PFT sucks (I know I know, PFT is gone and all the senior guys don't like to talk about THAT...LOLOL).

Now, to set your silly ass straight, I did NOT say I had a problem with CLEANING THE PLANE, or ANSWERING QUESTIONS FROM THE PAX or SERVING THE OWNER, as a matter of fact, I enjoy those things. What part of your bowels did you pull those assumptions out of ? Start READING (R-E-A-D-I-N-G) and understanding the posts, not injecting your own SPIN (that's S-P-I-N) on the posts you read. FINALLY, if you have found your AVIATION VALHALLA (here at Nutjets), more power to you. I could give a rats ass if you like it here or not. I am merely giving the WANNABE's my perspective. SOOOOO, if you don't like it, then WAHHHHHHHH back to you.

So, like I said in another post. Any prospective new-hire must take all of the diverse opinions regarding Nutjets and make a decision on whether to take the job or not. I say again, DON'T come here based on BUILDING TIME or WHAT MIGHT BE IN THE NEW CONTRACT !!! NOBODY KNOWS WHAT THE NEW CONTRACT WILL LOOK LIKE...NOT EVEN THE MEC ! Diesel DOES state accurately that this job is not for everyone. According to the Nutjet hiring office, there are a high number of applicants TURNING DOWN this job once they have been HIRED (you know, once they have done their HOMEWORK) but the current job market supports this. I would assume that they found employment elsewhere BUT that should tell you something. Don't worry Diesel, there are many of us who will leave if the next contract is unacceptable. I don't have a bad attitude, I have a realistic one and the DIFFERENCE between YOU and I is that YOU must rationalize your decision to PICK this place as a career and REMIND yourself when you wake up that, "this is a great job," I don't ! I do my job JUST AS WELL AS YOU DO, regardless of my personal thoughts on this company. It's just a means-to-an-end (pay the bills) for me...does that irritate you too ?

Last edited:
I also agree with Diesel.

Dont go into this end of the biz w/o keeping cust. service a very close second to Safety..

Also, my guess is that everyone who joins knew darn well what the pay/hours were like right? I sure hope so...my thoughts?...get your cash coming in the door or shut your trap.

Now, the only beef I have is the line of "Its a career"...no way man, "careers" simply have to pay more than that.

Hopefully that will improve.

Ah yes the old you pft'ed biatch. Well actually i didn't PFT. Good for you that you didn't come here during PFT. I'll be waiting for the parade down mainstreet.

Now my question snakepilot is why don't you leave now? I mean jesus they must be beating you out there like you were on a roman sea galley or something.

But your waiting on the contract?

Oh gotcha. Yeah that's right. This place is so horrible that although they stepped in and started paying you from the job that you got FURLOUGHED from. Instead of saying how can I help? What can I do to make this place better you just biatch.

Complain, complain, complain. Yeah i've heard it all before. Although I don't drink the NJA coolaid I have learned that it's pretty easy to bash a company but not to say a good thing about it.

Does the pay suck? YUP. But you know what. I have to weigh the pay against other things that NJA allows me to do. I have a lot of time off, good benefits, a great bunch of people, and the ability not to commute (I roll out of bed and take the subway to work). Oh yeah and job security.

So you can complain all you want. Yell rant and rave about the injustice of this job but guess what? YOU TOOK THIS JOB!

Will I make it a career here at NJA? Honestly I don't know. But while I am here I will make the most of this company.

Unbelievable…….. You NJA guys bitch all day on the phone and then go home and bitch on the computer. Here is a little lesson, if you let this crap go home with you, you will die at an early age from all the stress. I am sure the family doesn’t appreciate you bringing it home either. The constant un-happiness would be hell to live with. I feel sorry for you guys, I really do.

I look forward to your bashing. Have fun.

No Crew Food For You.

Life's a little different on the other end of that phone you drive. Keep working on those ratings. we'll c ya on line.

Besides crew food is an even bet at best!!!

NJACrewservicer said:
Here is a little lesson, if you let this crap go home with you, you will die at an early age from all the stress.

I look forward to your bashing. Have fun.

No Crew Food For You.
I can't resist. There is a direct correlation to how long one lives in CMH (puketown) and how early one dies. Dude, run from cowtown as fast as you can and don’t look back. There are many other low paying jobs in many more life lengthening parts of the country.

AND ONE MORE DARN THING....how do you like my avatar ? That's the only reason I come here...to look at it and feel that special tingle.

Snakeplt said:
AND ONE MORE DARN THING....how do you like my avatar ? That's the only reason I come here...to look at it and feel that special tingle.
Okay!? Thanks for furthering the proof that little girls do get that special tingle too.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back