Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bumper sticker seen numerous times ...

"If your insurance company is State Farm ... please don't hit me."

They are not just tough on the rammee ... they're tough on the rammer, as well. I hit a car many many years ago, and they wanted me to pay the $50 deductible on my windshield coverage, despite the fact that the entire front of the truck was smashed to h@ll and back in the accident?!?! :eek:

When I refused, because the windshield break obviously happened in the accident (it was a new truck), they finally paid off.

Then they dropped me the next week. :eek:

At least they didn't get that $50! :D

Bastidges!

Minher

I heard it was going to cost them @ $1.4M to clean up their computer system that had been attacked by a virus. Seems some dumba$$ was spending all his time at work surfing the internet.

chperplt said:
Has anyone actually saved money switching to geico? They seem to be very expensive.

You switch to geico, then switch to a cheaper company, and voila, you "saved" money by switching to geico!

Yeah, but I hear they have a great flight department out of the Chicago area.

Mesa is gonna buy them and put some 900s on the Freedom Farm certificate. The logo on the tail will be a Geigo giving the finger :D

Buck

We switched to Geico about 3 years ago after having State Farm insurance 8 years, and we saved a boat load of money.

And we had all our stuff through State Farm - house insurance, multiple cars, previous cars, no accidents, the whole works. Usually you get a real good discount for having it all with them.

Now we've got three cars (two sports cars, and an SUV) with Geico, and we're paying less for the same coverage as we were just our two cars with State Farm.

So you can talk smack abotu Geico being high, but they still beat State Farm!

In State Farms defense, I did have one accident when I was 16 or 17, and the car had fixable damage (lost control on a dirt road and slammed into the elevated ditch on both sides of the road - ala bumper bowling) and they actually wrote the car off and gave me full money for it without the slightest of hassle. Now that was many years ago, and it could've changed, but that was my experience with them none the less.

Ive had State Farm for 10 years, and have never had anything but great service. I have filed three claims during that time, and all were paid in a timely fashion, no questions asked. I compared with a couple others a few years back, and Geico was more than double what I currently pay. I guess it's just apples and oranges.

box

boxjockey said:
Ive had State Farm for 10 years, and have never had anything but great service. I have filed three claims during that time, and all were paid in a timely fashion, no questions asked. I compared with a couple others a few years back, and Geico was more than double what I currently pay. I guess it's just apples and oranges.
box

I have to agree with Box here...

I've had State Farm for years, and have basically no complaints.

State Farm has the lowest rates for Autos in South Florida, even amongst the no-names.

If it's one thing I hate about SoFL, it's the absolute scam on insurance down here. I pay twice as much for car insurance here than I did in Atlanta or Minneapolis, where you had much more of a chance of getting in an accident because of either conditions or insane drivers.

Nu

Latest resources

Back