• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Big meeting: Skywest, ASA/XJet, Alpa, SAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, SKW is already profitable. Maybe it goes something like this: Inc operates some 500 50-seat or less regional jets and turboprobs. As those aircraft are retired, I dont see Inc replacing those 1-for-1 with 70-90 seat regional jets. Maybe more like a 2- or 3-for-1 swap. SkyWest mabe shrinks from 754 aircraft to 500. There's one way to eliminate your need for more pilots. But during this process SKW grows while ASQ shrinks. Just a theory.

I'm not taking this discussion as an attack Xpoo, just curious how you're thinking. I do believe XJET was purchased for its pilots as the e145's will be eliminated. Last earnings call XJT was profitable as well, brought in close to 20 million in revenue while SkyWest brought in around 10 million. Overall, Brad Rich stated Inc is very pleased with the "cost synergies" xjet is now gaining. I think you'll agree that profit margins on both the SkyWest side and Xjet side are razor thin... Inc purchased Xjet and combined it with ASA trying to get those margins up... They're still thin and investors arent biting.... By eliminating ASQ you are eliminating the "padding" effect of those margins. Investors would bail FAST. Right now Inc has economies of scale on its side... I believe they will grow that. I dont believe they will combine the Companies, only the groups like a Republic for instance.

I dont believe they will combine the Companies, only the groups like a Republic for instance.

Even if they don't combine the companies, there will still be the large hurdle of seniority integration across the remaining departments. I don't know who all is unionized at XJET, but you can certainly bet that the non-union employees equivilants at SKW won't cave in and say, "Okay, we accept your staple, despite the fact that we earned to money to buy you."

Even if they don't combine the companies, there will still be the large hurdle of seniority integration across the remaining departments.

It's still a moot point until HDQ adds more office space. The place is pretty much operating at capacity as it is now.

Even if they don't combine the companies, there will still be the large hurdle of seniority integration across the remaining departments. I don't know who all is unionized at XJET, but you can certainly bet that the non-union employees equivilants at SKW won't cave in and say, "Okay, we accept your staple, despite the fact that we earned to money to buy you."

While there are a ton of logistics to work out, there will be no staple (allegheny/mohawk).... Delta and Unical will start hiring soon... If XJET can't staff its side, who's bottom line does that ultimately affect? Same goes with SkyWest, if cancellations due to lack of crew on either side happen, it all affects the bottom line the same...

I believe last tues-thurs is the beginning to "working out those logistics."

I don't know who all is unionized at XJET, but you can certainly bet that the non-union employees equivilants at SKW won't cave in and say, "Okay, we accept your staple, despite the fact that we earned to money to buy you."

For ANYBODY to think that stapling a employees is STILL and option, I feel sorry for them. At least, if the employee group DOESN'T want to be stapled anyway.

Ever heard of the McCaskil bond? Pretty sure it applies to non unionized as well.

For ANYBODY to think that stapling a employees is STILL and option, I feel sorry for them. At least, if the employee group DOESN'T want to be stapled anyway.

Ever heard of the McCaskil bond? Pretty sure it applies to non unionized as well.

If your non union then your at will employment.

Latest resources

Back