• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Big difference between 182RG, 206, 210?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have a lot of time in the C-182RG and some time in the 210. An operator wants me in the 206. Never flown it - what can I expect?
Hey there!

Jumping from a C-182RG or a 210 to a 206, you're gonna find some differences, but nothing too crazy. The 206 is kinda like the middle child in terms of performance and size. It's super reliable and has a lot of room, making it great for hauling stuff or taking a few friends for a ride. It's not as fast as the 210 but has a sturdy feel to it, kinda like the 182RG but with more space.

Flying the 206 is straightforward, but it's a bit heavier on the controls compared to the 182RG. Landing and takeoff need a bit more attention due to its size and weight, but it's nothing you can't handle if you've got experience in the 210. It's a solid, dependable workhorse that's fun to fly.

Oh, and I stumbled upon this post that might help you out: Cessna 206 vs 210. It's got some good comparisons between the 206 and 210 that might give you a better idea of what to expect.

Hope this helps and happy flying with the 206!

The 206, 207 and 210 share the same fuel system and outside of the turbo 210's the same IO-520. Of the three the 206 was my favorite unless there were substantial crosswinds-the stiff and tall gear made it far more likely to get a 30kt crosswind under a wing to ill effect-that was the only thing I preferred about the 207. Of the three the 206 was by far the master of the short field, able to carry the payload of the 207 without sweating it.

The big single Cessnas are all heavier on the controls than the 150/172 but not objectionably so. Empty they all are nose heavy but they are still better than a T-tail Lance landing empty and all three of the Cessnas are far more stable than the Piper, well, frankly sad attempts to compete.

If you like the 210 but would rather have a pickup than a sport sedan you'll love the 206!

belch,

You're still around. I'd given you up for lost.

Latest resources

Back