• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Big announcement on Tue at Endeavor.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Has been like 6 yrs since I worked there, but I seem to recall that the ACARs SELCAL audible alerts were inhibited when flaps >0. Not sure if is the case anymore. Doesn't cover the other 90% of the time you're in sterile flt deck territory. I remember literally almost missing critical vectors and altitudes under 10,000ft when that damn thing went off...as well as taxi-in instructions. Truly a dangerous situation then and still is now..AND I CAN'T BELIEVE THE FEDS HAVEN'T CHANGED IT!!

I'm speaking for Endeavor. Sure you can file an ASAP for anything, but we have flight safety reports that can be used for safety related issues where someone else screwed up.

If you want to be a check airman, one of the things that the FAA looks at before you are approved is the number of ASAPs that you have filed. I'm not sure if they look at the content or just the volume. Also for the SSP Delta has all access to 9E records. Sick calls, fatigue, discipline, training records, ASAP.

People are free to do as they please, but I only ASAP when I mess up.

They can't look at the ASAPs, even for LCA applicants. I know DAL has it on their app, but that's being appealed. And believe me, if you want to know who has the most ASAPs on file, it's check airman doing new hire OE.

I'm speaking for Endeavor. Sure you can file an ASAP for anything, but we have flight safety reports that can be used for safety related issues where someone else screwed up.

If you want to be a check airman, one of the things that the FAA looks at before you are approved is the number of ASAPs that you have filed. I'm not sure if they look at the content or just the volume. Also for the SSP Delta has all access to 9E records. Sick calls, fatigue, discipline, training records, ASAP.

People are free to do as they please, but I only ASAP when I mess up.

You need to read the ASAP MOU. In it, it will dictate what they can and can't use ASAP information for.

Cornholing is no longer mandatory, but will occur on request, first come first served.

You need to read the ASAP MOU. In it, it will dictate what they can and can't use ASAP information for.

Ah yes. Employers are also prohibited from discriminating on an number of factors. They do it all of the time, but you can't prove it. Same for the contract. They know what it says, but still do what they want.

It's inhibited when flaps are out of 0. I can't find in the book anywhere else, but I'm pretty sure you can still get the ACARS MESSAGE status when outside the final takeoff mode (rotation) and under 500 ft. Meaning at 600 ft agl on departure you will get the status, but no "selcal" oral with flaps out of zero. Going through the books doesn't clearly state all the situations through IAPS to feed the EICAS from vhf3 acars/selcal. Looking for the bombardier book, as the PSM from bombardier and the company SYS manual don't have the full system logic, as we can't change it (legally).

I get the shakes after being reminded of the "CA call scheduling" acars on the last day...just when I thought I was going home.

It's inhibited when flaps are out of 0. I can't find in the book anywhere else, but I'm pretty sure you can still get the ACARS MESSAGE status when outside the final takeoff mode (rotation) and under 500 ft. Meaning at 600 ft agl on departure you will get the status, but no "selcal" oral with flaps out of zero. Going through the books doesn't clearly state all the situations through IAPS to feed the EICAS from vhf3 acars/selcal. Looking for the bombardier book, as the PSM from bombardier and the company SYS manual don't have the full system logic, as we can't change it (legally).

I get the shakes after being reminded of the "CA call scheduling" acars on the last day...just when I thought I was going home.

Here's to making sure no ice accumulated on the flaps on approach!

Ah yes. Employers are also prohibited from discriminating on an number of factors. They do it all of the time, but you can't prove it. Same for the contract. They know what it says, but still do what they want.

Well, if your union ASAP ERC member doesn't do anything about it, then I guess the company and the FAA can use that information for whatever they want that day.

Latest resources

Back