• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Big announcement on Tue at Endeavor.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I love getting the ACARS message that says "don't take off" as you are passing through 10,000 umm, okay. Now what? I also got that from Ops on the Saab as we were rotating. I no longer listen to number 2 radio during take off.

You don't have an ACARS inhibitor during critical stages of flight?

That crap needs to be submitted to a ASAP report. FAA in addition to your Co reviews it too.

You can ASAP anything. Especially when there is a violation as is the case in this instance.

DX or scheduling (if they are included in the program) should be the one filling out the ASAP. Receiving an ACARS message during a critical phase of flight will not get you in hot water with the FAA. ASAP will do nothing for you in this case. ASAP is for when you messed up. A FSR is to report a flight safety issue. The FAA sees those too.

You guys don't have a Chimes off setting? Cause all the rest of the industry does, oh and the have :...........also.

DX or scheduling (if they are included in the program) should be the one filling out the ASAP. Receiving an ACARS message during a critical phase of flight will not get you in hot water with the FAA. ASAP will do nothing for you in this case. ASAP is for when you messed up. A FSR is to report a flight safety issue. The FAA sees those too.

I stand behind my comment. You can ASAP anything, including others' violations. This will work at any company that has ASAP. I know that our other channel is not seen by the FAA. Which is why I recommended the ASAP. That will always work at any company. I'm not familiar with yours or what an fsr is.

Last edited:

Uh, incorrect and no. Apparently someone needs to read 120-66B. I've taken the opportunity to provide the link. https://www.faa.gov/regulations_pol....cfm/go/document.information/documentID/23207

Latest resources

Back