Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

coloneldan

CENSORED
I used to fly for a company that had a division in Knoxville TN. I still have several friends at TYS. I have been hearing some disturbing reports from there about Goody's.

Goody's has new corporate ownership and new flight department management. From what I can tell this is a place where you need to use caution. Not long ago they had 7 pilots. Now they are down to just 2. I think part of the 5 left because they were tired of putting up with the BS. The rest saw the writting on the wall but were axed before they could jump ship. They have a Lear and, I think a Challenger. I've heard the Challenger is forsale, so they probably won't be hiring any new pilots. If they do, check them out really well before you go to work there.

All my information is second hand, but I have heard it coming from several different sources. What I've heard makes this place sound almost as bad as those idiots I used to work for in Alabama. Why is it that so many people have to take something decent and change it into cesspool? It's like giving Barney Fife a bullet. :rolleyes: :mad:

Can you give any examples of what the company is trying to pull?

Yeah, Goddy's clothing. Sort of like Fred's or Dollar General.

What I hear is just very poor management stories. I'm not sure about general corporate management, but the new chief pilot is rapidly earning a reputation at TYS. You know the drill. He's best buds to get what he wants then cuts your thoat to get rid of the evidence. Pretty typical small flight department BS. (Read that as small flt dpt getting smaller.)

www.goodysonline.com

Did you hear the story about the Falcon 20 they had a few years ago and flamed out both engines with BG(previous owner) on board?
They were waiting for their EDCT time to ATL while sitting at the runway in very cold fog (i.e. FZFG) or something like that... and didn't have the cowl anti-ice turned on.. My friend who is a TYS controller was working them....
They were like 400'AGL about 5 miles from 5R......

A former student of mine did work there but left about that time...

Well it sure looks like the coffee drinkers have really got it stirred up again in good ole' Knoxville. Colonel Dan, you should really try to get you facts verified by employees who still work at Goody's, not ones that have been terminated for performance issues.

Other then that Goody's is doing better financially then they have in the past five years. Sure, things did look bad for a while when the sale was going on. However, now things are stable and the flight department is as secure as any flight department.

All of the changes at the Flight Department and the Corportate level have been for the better, not for the worse.

And by the way, the crew from the DA-20 incident are no longer Goody's employees.

8v8tr said:
Well it sure looks like the coffee drinkers have really got it stirred up again in good ole' Knoxville. Colonel Dan, you should really try to get you facts verified by employees who still work at Goody's, not ones that have been terminated for performance issues.

Would that be a personel manager or a public relations manager that I should talk to? Would I get a straight answer from either? Who knows?

I don't think I know anybody who actually works for Goody's. (Or who has been terminated because of performance issues.) If you will bother to read my post, you will see that I state very plainly that all my information is second hand. Also, that I have been hearing these things from several places. None of them have been directly from the company because I have no contact with anybody at the company, either on a personal or professional basis. I am just relaying information that is floating around the Knoxville airport. I am trying to help fellow pilots stay out of a bad situation. If you don't like what I have heard, take up your crusade at TYS.

Latest resources

Back