Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

siouxicide

Gimme yo' change
Just saw Aero Weather for iPhone/Touch and figured there has to be something as good out there for my BB Storm. All I can find for the Blackberry is AirWX and WXSYS. WXSYS is awesome but I'm not going to pay $13/month. Any ideas? Feel free to list off all the good ones for each smartphone maker.

I have a storm. I like weatherunderground.com.
If you have not tried this - after you get on the site, somewhere at the top, click on mobile. After you get the mobile, with your home airport,bookmark it.

I have a storm. I like weatherunderground.com.
If you have not tried this - after you get on the site, somewhere at the top, click on mobile. After you get the mobile, with your home airport,bookmark it.

m.wund.com works better on phones...same website, just for phones. Best for checking radar and general weather conditions.

I don't know what your phone can handle, but aviationweather.gov/adds/tafs will allow you quick access to Metars and TAFs

www.fltplan.com/PDA.htm looks to have nearly all the content of the full site, but my Storm doesn't display it all that well and it doesn't look like I can bookmark specific airports nor save my user/password.

Last edited:
that weather underground site wirks well on the blackberry thanks

I have a crackberry, but when all you want is a metar real quick, send a text message on you phone (you don't need a BB or Iphone to do this) to (46645) Which is really only GOOGL, But it will work if you put the E (or a 3) on the end. In the message put "metar kteb" or whatever your desired identifier is. It will text you back with the weather in a few seconds. Much quicker than navigating to some website if all you need is the current observation. Next type in NYSE "you stock ticker symbol" to see if you will still have a job when you get back.:D

Last edited:
m.airwx.com and Yahoo!Finance(mobile) allow you to bookmark airports and stocks, respectively. Much quicker than sending a text, at least for me. It's just that I've seen products that will show METAR, TAF, Radar, etc., all on the same page. Fltplan.com won't allow you to bookmark airport wx. However, they supplied me with a link so I don't have to constantly type in my user and pass, which helps.
I assume it should work for everyone with a BB, specifically if you have a Storm:

http://www.fltplan.com/MbRegUserCk.exe?USERNAME=YOUR USER HERE&PASSWORD=YOUR PASS&MOBILE=BLACKBERRY&END=END

Latest resources

Back