Best time to see Italy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

D_G

Thinking about buying my parents airline tickets Italy, have family there, I haven't been to the mother country yet, just wondering what the best time of the year is to visit?

Thanks

Last edited:
May

I've been three times, courtesy of the military, and the best time is in late spring. You may want to avoid the Easter season, because lots of businesses are closed. The summer is hot and dry and very crowded with tourists. I recommend late April into May.

I live in Italy at the moment, and I would say late spring to the middle of the summer. Avoid August if you can, EVERYTHING is closed since all Italians go on vacation then.

D_G, careful, as it really depends on where you plan on going in Italy.
April is often still cold in the north.
May and June are really good months to visit anywhere, but expect the temps. to vary from north to south. July is to hot to be a tourist and August is unreal, besides the fact that many things will be closed.
Some people like September and October, but it is a risk as that is when it can rain a lot.
You will really enjoy it, Italy is a beautiful country, and if you have family to visit, the more so it will be.

Has anyone ever been to Anguillara Italy? It's a small fisherman's village about 45 mins NW of Rome on Lake Bracciano.

Yes, I know - it's the location where that episode of "Everyone Loves Raymond" was filmed. It looked gorgeous.

Peace

SF

Latest resources

Back