• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BornAgainPagan

No Gods. No Masters.
My vote; The sushi bar in the Sheraton Gateway @ LAX
Also, the Hamada (4 or more in LAS) near the Embassy Suites in Las Vegas

Not the best....but

Bluewave buffet in Henderson (LAS) is about as close to sushi bar quality you'll ever find on a buffet. $20 bucks a person (13 for lunch) and you've got everything you could possible think of to chose from.

World Resource Cafe

on Lincoln Road, south beach. And try the calamari there as well, it's divine.

L.A. , S.F. and Seattle has a lot of great sushi places...too many to name. The best sushi I've ever had in the states is Nobu (highclass sushi place frequented by celebs) they are in L.A. NYC, Vegas etc. Nothing best Nobu. Unfortunately, you have to take out a morgage to eat there, but it's the best in the States.

The best sushi IN THE WORLD is at the Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo. If you love sushi, this is the Mecca, Jeruselum and the Vatican all rolled up into one. The fish is litterally straight off the boat. You can walk around the market...it's kind of dangerous...lot's of blood on the floor, different species of fish flapping around, and guys are driving around with carts of fish that would love to run over stupid gaijin like me.
3000 tones of fish is sold there per day. There are Sushi places around the market which serve the freshest fish in Japan.

I remember I went into this big refrigeration room and saw the biggest tuna I've ever seen, I went in to take a picture, and suddenly, all of rolling coiling doors came down at the same time locking me inside. I felt like I was in a James Bond film. After a minute or two, the door came open and this big forklift dumped tuna bigger than the one I was taking a picture of. As I ran out, I got a Japanese profanity lesson from the forklift operator. My friends (from Tokyo) set me up pretty good...they bought the Sushi, Sapporos and Sake afterwards...it's all good!

the best i've tasted from coast to coast would be Ariyoshi in Sunnyside, Queens, NYC. has anyone been there? you should..
try the Sunnyside roll, its exceptional! :D

TEB

This thread could go on forever... but relevant to this board is
Mt Fuji in TEB.
It is good and worth the stop if you have the time or need to get some for the boss. Plus its right there on 17. Their crab roll with blue crab is delicious.

Sushi

I had some great sushi several years ago at Ichiban in Orange County, California.

Here in Denver, Sonoda's Restaurant is very hard to beat. Sushi Den on South Pearl is also excellent but hard to get in; it's always crowded! One more excellent choice is Sushi Boat off I-25 on Hampden.

Re: Sushi

bobbysamd said:
I had some great sushi several years ago at Ichiban in Orange County, California.

Here in Denver, Sonoda's Restaurant is very hard to beat. Sushi Den on South Pearl is also excellent but hard to get in; it's always crowded! One more excellent choice is Sushi Boat off I-25 on Hampden.

Good call on the Sushi Den, Bob. If I could get the wife to try and enjoy sushi, we'd have another dinner locale...:)

SK:cool:

Latest resources

Back