Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best place to knock out your private license during the summer?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Vandal

Hiya! My little brother is a sophomore in college and is looking to get his feet wet in aviation this summer. He is looking for an organized, fast-paced private/instrument program to do over the summer. Location does not really matter. We were looking at ATP but they only do their private license program if you are going to roll right into the whole airline program. Any ideas? Thanks!

find a solid 141 program in his area with consistent good weather and have him interview the instructors and find which one will dedicate themselves to getting him done. I got my private in 2 1/2 weeks a couple summers ago at monarch air at ADS. Its also cheaper than going to a rating farm typically.

Most reasonable size flight schools can provide the training quickly. Have him tell them of the time frame he wants to be done in and if he's willing to put the time in he could probably get it done. I've seen 25-30 day private pilots under part 61. All a question of having the CFI/aircraft/weather available.

solid fast track

Arizona Aviation in Arizona has a good program. I believe the record was 28 days for a ppl, i know an instructor who had a few "fast tracks" done in less than 30 days. VERY affordable too! they do have housing avaliable.

Latest resources

Back