Best Place for Multi/Comm & MEI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

clearprop

I'm looking to add a Multi & MEI maybe next month. Any suggestions for a warm place with a decent price? I'm considering Ari Ben Aviator but their prices seem unbelievingly low. Thanks!

There is nothing to be suspecious about Ari Ben. Although there has been a lot written about them on this forum. I still think they have the cheap and best deal. if you are looking to do the training in FL then you should atleast go there and check it out yourself. Don't take anybody's word for it.
if you need to know anything specific PM me....
Good luck

Sheble's

You might consider Sheble Aviation in Kingman, Arizona. Temperatures should be moderate and you'll finish fast.

Any one of the Florida flight schools can work with you under Part 61 as well. Just call and ask.

A couple of years ago, I thought I might go to work for Ari Ben, so I opened a magazine and called the number.

A man answered.

"Hello?"

"Good afternnon, is this Ari Ben Aviator?"

"Yeah. Who wants to know?"

"I'm calling from Pennsylvania. Is the chief flight instructor there?"

"He's flying. What do you want?"

At this point, I had already made my decision about working at Ari Ben, and the likelyhood that I would refer them students in the future.

Subsequently, I spoke with two students from Ari Ben. One had a very bad experience, according to what she told me.

The other liked it a lot. I found that he was not proficient in a multiengine airplane despite many hours (20) spent at Ari Ben, and he decided to postpone his completion of his multi ticket. According to my estimation, he was not well trained.

That's all I have for you, based on my limited contact.

If Bobbysamd says that Shebles is a good place, I'd take that to the bank.

Sheble's

I appreciate it, Timebuilder.

I did some further reading. Sheble's MEI page says it wants 15 hours of multi PIC as a requirement for the MEI. I didn't realize that when I recommended Sheble's above. However, I'd bet that you can work with them on that requirement, especially if you're going there to do both ratings back-to-back. Of course, your time in the aircraft flying from the right seat would count for some of that time.

I went there for my ATP in 1989 when they were in Blythe, California. They get you in and out as advertised, but it helps greatly if you are prepared. The place is extremely casual; it certainly is not your father's flight school.

One other idea: Airman Flight School in Norman, Oklahoma, has been around for a number of years. Oklahoma weather in the winter is just fine if it isn't snowing or getting an ice storm. OKC offers a great training environment, with lots of airports in the area. I think it's unmatched for IFR, with airports with plenty of approaches and cooperative ATC.

Hope that helps some more.

Last edited:
timebuilder, while i will not refute your conversation, i will say that had Mike (the owner) been made aware of what took place on the phone, he would have been fired on the spot. as for your student with the training issues, id simply refer to the fact that not everyone coming out of a particualr school will come out with the same information/skill. once again, not doubting you, but i can certainly understand your reluctance.

on the other hand, i have been there myself and to this day will recommend anyone that wants a particular rating to go there. the price cant be beat, the schedule is pretty much up to you, no silly uniforms to wear, and i thought the training was pretty dang good as 3 of the 4 people i went thru with are all at regionals.

clearprop, if you need more, lemme know :)

I understand.

Maybe I should have tried to do some follow up. If I had been on this board then, I probably would have done so.

As far as that student: nice guy, and not on a pro pilot track, either. I wasn't willing to assume that his lack of ability was the fault of your school. Like I said, I had a limited contact.

The other former student frequents this board, and I'll let her identify herself if she chooses. Her story is best told by herself.

I guess the part that threw me the most was the guy who answered the phone. What a moron. I'm glad he doesn't still represent your outfit.

come to nebraska

Have i got a deal for you. Come out to nebraska and I'll teach you. We've got a pa23/160 (runs good but looks like its been rode hard and put away wet one to many times), wait the deal gets better. The weather here in omaha is great, it can go from crap to crappy in less than two minutes. Call soon, this great deal won't last long.

supsup

Maxwell AFB Aero Club....Cheapest prices anywhere......FSI quality half the price......... P23-250 or C-310

Latest resources

Back