Best P51 homebuild??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Captain Happy

Hey all, I would absolutely love to someday build a scale P51. Who makes the best one?

Any info is appreciated

Captain Happy

but they are no longer in production.

I'm pretty sure there are a few partially built kits available though, I think there is a link to them on their website. What an awesome plane!! Last year at Reno, one of them was turning over 370 mph!! Unfortunately,John Parker didn't win on Sunday, he went out due to a mechanical, I believe he was having supercharger problems.

If you don't want to spend your life savings, and just want something for fun.. see if Loehle (I think thats the spelling) still makes the 5151.

Try Titan Aircraft near Cleveland, OH. They have a sharp looking 3/4 scale P-51D kit... powerplant is a 100 hp Rotax 912. Not as fast as a Stewart or Thunder Mustang but it's a whole lot cheaper. All metal construction with either pulled or driven rivets. Kit cost is listed at $49,900, engine/prop not included.

http://www.titanaircraft.com/aircraft.php?aircraft_id=1

Over on the left side of their main page is a link to a 17 page PDF P-51 brochure, some good detail and pics there.

Thanks

Thanks to all that had a site for me. I love the Titan. Hell I might even beable to afford that one......

Captain Happy

Thanks to all that had a site for me. I love the Titan. Hell I might even beable to afford that one......

Captain Happy
The Titan looks great, but thats about it. I saw it as Oshkosh a couple years ago and was in love with it until I heard it flying. It sounded like a flying weedeater. I wish theyd design it to have at least an O-200.....

Latest resources

Back