• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best Online CFI Renewal Program

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I vote American flyers. I saved all the test questions with answers and just turn a page about every 7 minutes so I donot get timed out. If I was instructing for a living I might take it a little more serious, Just as bad as my IA renewal. AMT got those answers saved also. start the time go run 5 miles come back take test.

Gleim...finished in just a few hours. No need to read, no need to sit and watch videos, just answer the T/F questions with random guesses (they don't count) then answer the 10 "real" questions that are so easy, you don't need to study. If you get stumped, it is good to keep the outline open to quickly search for an answer.

Here is another idea cherches. If you work as a PIC on a type rated airplane and fly as PIC AND you have an SIC that is not PIC qualified..you can go to the FSDO and talk to them and they will renew it on the spot. This can be PT. 91, I used to do it when I was employed at Wachovia. We had one person that was not PIC qualified, so it counted. We used to do it at the commuters all the time. If not. I used to do Gleim and would have the lesson up on one screen, the test on the other and go back and forth to answer...I think the whole thing took an hour. I havent instructed in 14 years, probably never will, but it sure was hard getting my CFI, so I will do whatever to keep it and not do it over again.

American Flyers is good with the on time fee, but a pain watching the clock on the lessons. I'll put a movie on or open another window, you just have to keep some activity up every handle full of minutes to keep the clock going. You can't just walk away.

:uzi: Is it intelligent to advertise, you don't take the course seriously and tell the public (FAA) that you don't do the renewal as intended?

Broadcasting this kind of stuff is a good way for the FAA to change the rules and make you take a checkride every two years!

I hope everyone here will use there common sense when posting.

(I await the flying bullets!)

Here is another idea cherches. If you work as a PIC on a type rated airplane and fly as PIC AND you have an SIC that is not PIC qualified..you can go to the FSDO and talk to them and they will renew it on the spot. This can be PT. 91, I used to do it when I was employed at Wachovia. We had one person that was not PIC qualified, so it counted. We used to do it at the commuters all the time. If not. I used to do Gleim and would have the lesson up on one screen, the test on the other and go back and forth to answer...I think the whole thing took an hour. I havent instructed in 14 years, probably never will, but it sure was hard getting my CFI, so I will do whatever to keep it and not do it over again.

Rules changed a few years ago unless you are a check airman at a 121/135 carrier, the FAA is "supposed" to give you a oral exam. For years I walked from the hotel in MKE to the FSDO, showed my check airman letter and walked out with a renewed CFI it was great!

I went with Gliem for 124.99 (includes processing the renewal paperwork). Took me about 6 hours and I learned a few things...

Latest resources

Back