• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best commuting contracts?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I remember right they only want 500 on type. For my commute I use United, they have two flights a day from Hochiminh, if I book far enough in advance a ticket runs about $1200 for round trip to Vegas, I didn't come from a major so have no additional discounts to use.

They are working hard on flying to the US, maybe around the end of this year?

Last edited:
CX880, no 6/2 is not too good for commuting, but you can also choose a 5/3 or 4/4 schedule, salary is prorated from the $10,600.00.

Air Japan offers 10 days off per month with 24 days of vacation per year. Most of the guys with long commutes take 2 days per month to get 12 days a month at home. You are given $2000 in cash to buy a ticket or the company provides confirmed business class travel.

After all of the allowances, your 1st year FO pay is over $9000 / month. Taxes are up to you.

Oh, and you get to pick your days off with very few exceptions.

Air Japan offers 10 days off per month with 24 days of vacation per year. Most of the guys with long commutes take 2 days per month to get 12 days a month at home. You are given $2000 in cash to buy a ticket or the company provides confirmed business class travel.

After all of the allowances, your 1st year FO pay is over $9000 / month. Taxes are up to you.

Oh, and you get to pick your days off with very few exceptions.

What are the allowances that are included in the $9000? Is the $2000 you mention for the ticket included in that $9000 and is it each month? Do they pay the $2000 even if you decide not to travel?

Which taxes? Just USA or do you pay tax to the Japanese as well?

Thanks

No Japanese taxes as you are not a resident and you are employed by a contract company that is not a Japanese company. Taxes are your responsibility depending on your citizenship / residency.

1st year FO pay is about $6160. 2nd goes up to $7200. Both are based on a 70 hour guarentee.

in addition you receive:

$2000 commuting or Business class. You get the money and can buy a ticket or use Zeds. You keep whatever you dont use.
$884 per diem
$500 housing
$550 retirement contribution

I think that is all. Everything is paid in cash and you spend it how you see fit.

Latest resources

Back