Benefits 135 vs part 91?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Benefits

2. The boss will eventually lose money on the 135 but his/her happiness will exponentially increase in relation to your QOL decrease.

Benefits

3. When the management company tries to be the hero and tells your owner he spends too much on crew compensation. SAVINGS!!!

There's a reason when you're part 91 and a 135 guy asks if you're 91 or 135 and you tell them you're 91 they say "nice" with a tone of jealousy.

If your goal is to end up 121 (or even fractional) the knowledge gained at a 135 company MIGHT help you in the interview. That's the only remote benefit I can think of, and that's a stretch.

Absolutely friggin NONE, as far as the pilot is concerned. More training, much more paperwork, PITA charter customers, potential tax benefits for the owner, nothing for you. I did 91/135 for less than one year and glad to never have to deal with it again. Part 91 Fortune company forever! Yeah I know, I'm spoiled.

I'm on an account that could be 91, but operates 135 for tax reasons. We do maaayyybe three or four charters per year, usually short-duration international trips for the boss' associates, which tend to be pretty simple. I like operating 135, since we'd do the same performance and W&B stuff and the duty and rest regs keep us from getting abused under pt 91.

Doing a full six day recurrent with check ride every six months is clearly inferior to a five day progressive pt 91 ride, however.

Latest resources

Back