• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Beechjet guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey PHX, I'm sure NBAA would have something on it. I think we first read about it in Aviation International News. It would have been in an issue from late last year or early this year. I'll try to find out exactly when and post it.

The article talked about a major corporation here in the US that got in trouble with contract pilots. The corporation was sending out 1099's and everything that everybody has been doing for years. Everything the infernal revenue nazis have always wanted. For what ever justification they came up with, they said that isn't good enough. If the pilot is not incorporated and the corporation doesn't withold, even if it is a one day deal, the corporation is guilty of tax evaision. It doesn't seem like it would be tax evaision to me either, as long as the pilot reported it and paid the taxes. If he didn't, then it would be the pilot's neck. The whole deal to me sounds pretty stupid. I mean, what IS a 1099 for? Are they for wallpapering the den? Does this mean that if we hire someone to paint the house, we have to get an Employer Identification Number and withold taxes from the bill he gives us?

It's just another example of the Government run-amuck. :confused: :mad: :uzi:

Wow!

Thanks for the link, Dan.

What a mess! I'll forward this to our HR guys. Oh what a headache.

And I guess I should file quarterly tax returns... More fun.

Thanks for nothing, IRS!!!

:angryfire

Latest resources

Back