Becoming a career aviator is rough!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pilotyip said:
But notice, Avbug kept doing it, that is the nature of this job.
Yea, but Avbug is the kind of pilot that likes getting run over by airplanes, because it feels so good when they stop doing it. :laugh:

Pretty wild life Avbug. Reminds me of a certain Jimmy Buffet lyric. "Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way."

The only thing that makes me a little upset sometimes is seeing people who have never worked in their entire life quickly excel through the ranks. The most extreme example is a guy I met a few years ago. His dad (wealthy family) got him a job flying right seat on a turboprop the week after he got his multi-commercial. Never instructed, never got his CFI. About a year later he was hired by a very good regional for the right seat on a CRJ. And about 1-1/2 years later he got on with a very good major airline flying right seat on a 757.

Do interviewers even give a rats a$$ if you've work a single real day in your entire life?

There's something to be said for people that had to go through blood, sweat, and tears to make this career work. Having daddy call his golf buddies to ensure your next interview is really srewed up.

g

all you really have is the experiences, who cares how the other guy got there. Enjoy getting there yourself.

Mcjohn, If It Will Make You Feel Any Better, I Live Paycheck To Paycheck, And Im Flying A 747, Next Year Will Be A Little Better Once I Get Of 1st Year Pay, But Not That Much Better. And Im Not Living Paycheck To Paycheck Becuase I Own A Summer Home, Or A Big Boat, Or A Nifty Airplane, Or Big Suv,s Either.

I Dragged Banners For Several Years, Made Alot Of Money At Too, Keep It In Perspective.

It Will Improve For You. If It Were Easy, Everybody Would Be Doing It.

Have Fun Towing. Thats Why Your Doing It, Right?

Yea, but Avbug is the kind of pilot that likes getting run over by airplanes, because it feels so good when they stop doing it. :laugh:

That's a very zen viewpoint worthy of some contemplation.

The best single piece of advice I received as a young pilot was delivered in two words: Stay tense!

Ive heard more than a few pilots say the best time they have had in aviation was while they were paying their dues, makes me realize how blessed I am to be doing what Im doing.

Had an interview in college with United at 21. My next interview was when I was 35 even though I kept applying all those years. During that time I loved every minute of working up through every job and airplane built to finally get the dream job. Money is great but the experiences of life, especially flying, is what you cherish when it is all over. Crop dusting in a super cub to freight in a D18 twin beach to retiring in a B757 with a major made it all worth while. Wouldn't have wanted any other way.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back