Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Beat this dead Horse! Whats up with Pan AM?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dumpduck1

Whats the latest?

Pan AM is gone as of 1 Nov 2004. Their certificate was tuned in to the FSDO. Boston-Maine Airways is flying the Pan Am logo 727s, mainly charters, scheduled service to begin (again) on May 20. Boston maine is flying the 727s that were ex-United and painted in Pan Am logo.

BMA just won the federal appeal in Boston. They can fly the routes/airplanes that Pan Am had. The court found that BMA mgmt did not try to circumvent the union (ALPA) of Pan Am.

Heard today from reliable source that ALPA will be appealling to Supreme Court to overturn court's decision. Looks like it ain't over yet! The fat lady has gone back to her seat!

Well,

I guess everyone is going to just let this go. No interest at all that an ALPA carrier is shut down, replaced with an Alter ego and nobody cares.

There's plenty of interest; unfortunately, the people who would probably care mainly read the "Majors" forum.

As far as a Supreme Court ruling? Don't hold your breath, I doubt they'll even hear the case. For a case to be heard at the Supreme Court level takes an issue of National Importance. Not to say that union busting isn't important, I think it's one of the worst forms of evil that exists in aviation, but it's not as important as, say, a woman's right to chose, a terminally ill patient's right to end their own life, or a catatonic person's right to continued life support if no living will exists.

With this government we have in the White House (and yes, I voted for Bush simply because I believe he has the ba*ls to do what needs to be done overseas to protect our nation from further attack and that overrides my labor concerns), don't look for labor protection from the courts (or even the SBA) anytime soon.

Additionally, as long as BMA has been afloat (back and forth from hiring crazy to furlough), I don't see them going anywhere anytime soon. I think there's a lot of OLD MONEY and that the company is being used as a write-off for a very wealthy individual somewhere. My last company did the same thing... TX oil baron family.

Incidentally, they're hiring again. They called a friend of mine and want him to interview tomorrow in SFB - he has no clue how they got a copy of his resume, he never applied there. He asked me about pay, jumpseat, and other issues I have no clue about other than to tell him what kind of company he's getting in bed with... I think he's going to the interview just out of curiosity and lack of anything else to do right now.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back