• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MarineGrunt

Will kill for peace.
Job Title: Captain Pilot
Base Organization: RSL- Andrews 6TN-3100 Grade(s): F

Assigned Organization: Aviation Operations Section 6TN- B131

Job Requisition Number: 104298 Work Location: Wash DC

Responsibilities: Initially perform in the capacity as second-in-command in a Beechcraft B-200 with eventual upgrade to pilot-in-command. Perform "stand-by" duty for up to one month at a time, which requires mental and physical readiness to fly as a crewmember aboard government airplanes given 2 hours notice. Deploy for durations up to 2 weeks as a crewmember aboard airplanes or via commercial means to perform remote sensing missions throughout the United States. Develop written mission planning documents, risk/hazards assessments for the missions performed and provide safety and mission briefings to the technical crew, e.g., aerial photographers, mission scientists, and electronic technician/operators. Perform related work as assigned by supervisor.

Job Qualifications:Bachelor's degree in Aeronautics or field related to the position or equivalent training and experience, plus a minimum of 8 years related professional experience in aviation. Must be properly and currently qualified to exercise the privileges of Commercial Pilot with Multi-Engine Land and Instrument privileges. Must currently meet the medical standards prescribed by Federal Aviation Regulations and hold a current Class II Medical Certificate. Candidate must be willing and able to deploy for durations up to 2 weeks as a crewmember aboard airplanes or via commercial means to perform remote sensing missions throughout the United States. Must have documented flight experience that meet or exceed the following standards: 1,500 hours as pilot-in-command in category (airplane). Thorough knowledge of aviation operations, FAA regulations, and understand "public aircraft" operations, required. Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills. Hold a CFI and CFII rating, desired. Qualified to exercise the privileges of Airline Transport Pilot, 2,500 hours total time, 1,000 hours in Class (Multi-engine land) 200 hours within the past 12 months, and qualified in the Beechcraft 200, desired. An ability to obtain a Q clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified matter.

MarineGrunt, private message me with more info please. I have the qualifications + and I'm intrested in it.

Sir, I noticed the posting you have for the pilot position in the D.C. Area. I'm a local CFI and am really interested in the position if it is still available. I'm a former Sergeant of Marines, and have been out about 5 years now trying to pursue my flying career. I hold Commercial Rating's, CFI, CFII, and have about 500 hours of dual given, not to mention I hold a Bachelor of Science in Aviation Management, from Southern Illinois University. I would be more than happy to submit a resume or meet with you in person, I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.
Jon Harvey
Sgt. U.S.M.C.

Latest resources

Back