• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bad news, NWA parking 59 aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No not yet Mr T. has not been called to accept and he is the bottom.

Typical crap from NWA...after celebrating issuing "success sharing payments" etc etc...and making a big deal out of it...they make this announcement....bring up moral just a bit, then shoot it down....nice job Doug.

Hi!

From what I understand:
1-I don't think ANY of the furloughees are going to Compass. They have gone down the recall list to the bottom, and they're on the way back up again.

Not true! They have not gotten to the bottom of the list yet. They are still roughly 130 from the bottom of the list.

On top of that, they have only announced 150 total recalls for this year so far. They have already gone through almost half that number. If the recall acceptance rate goes up (rumor is no new recall letters in March), it MIGHT be a situation where the very bottom of the list does not get the call this year. Caveat: that is if the NW does what they say and only recalls 150 for the year.

Last edited:
Well, this is just in from a flight ops meting, and is quoted,

"Not my notes, just passing the word......

747-400 - parking 4
747-200 - parking 3
DC-9 = parking 33
A319 - parking 19

adding 8 787 and 8 330, net loss of 43 planes

or even better 30-DC9 and 19 A319 = approx 5986 seats, 76 76 seaters = 5776 seats "we don't think NWA will do that," "We need the lift"

According to Rainey, NWA plans to eliminate numerous A319s
and DC-9s by the end of 2008 due to lease negotiations. He
�says� that no furloughs and no displacements will result.
Attrition will �fix� that problem. ???? What to bet???

Also said ALL furloughed pilots will be offered a job by
July, 2007. They plan to start-up the HR department in Flt.
Ops. in Q4 of 2007, and could begin hiring new pilots in

>
Bottom Line�
We are headed towards a total of 4000 pilots by end of 2008.
While Compass, Mesaba, and Pinnacle thrive and grow."

Rainey was a lousy hockey player too!:angryfire

I didn't know either so I looked it up.

Compass Airlines is a new subsidiary to Northwest Airlines to be launched during the 4th quarter of 2006 flying a single Bombardier CRJ-200 between Minneapolis/St. Paul and Washington Dulles. During the concept phase, the subsidiary was known as "NewCo".
Compass was formed due to a contract dispute between Northwest and its pilots' union. Due to the scope clause in the pilot contracts, the number of mid-sized jets operated by the airline was limited. In order to avert this problem, Northwest bought the operating certificate of defunct Independence Air on March 10, 2006, for $2 Million, in order to establish a new feeder airline. Compass will operate Embraer E175s and Bombardier CRJ-900s.[1] These aircraft are not a direct replacement for the aging DC-9s and lower the cost per available seat mile. It is expected the replacement for the DC-9 will be the EMB-190/195 series aircraft that will be operated by mainline Northwest Airlines. The max number of seats that Compass can operate is 76 seats due to the Northwest pilots contract that is to protect the jobs of many mainline pilots.
While the order and delivery of these aircraft are pending, a single CRJ-200 with as many as up to four by the end of the year will remain in service to preserve the airline's operating certificate.
On September 28, 2006, Compass Airlines officially received approval from the United States Department of Transportation to begin operations, though approval from the Federal Aviation Administration is pending.

How is this any better than a scab airline?

Please enlighten me.

Something doesn't add up, jetflier.

They can't give back DC-9's to the leasing company.. they are owned outright!

Smelly smelly smelly...

I wonder if SKYBUS wants the A319s?

and the question, "Does America need another scum-bag, s hit-hole, pay and benefit lowering, screw every other airline in the US, airline?" is again brought into the limelight. Can't this crap ever die?

Watch out, open skies is coming too...pressure on jobs and wages is likely to stay, thanks to increased competition from the EU airlines.

Latest resources

Back