• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

B6 Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just got a call from B6 looking to set up an interview. I declined.

I didn't even apply this time after playing phone tag with them the last time they posted, back in October, resulting in no interview.

Best of luck to those interviewing.

SkyWest is hiring. I don't see anyone on here announcing that. The pay compared to cost of living with B6 is much better, as are the flight benefits, too. Travel aboard United, Delta or AirTran, and soon Alaska. Consider SkyWest/ASA/ExpressJet family and you will soon have the 3rd largest airline in the world at your disposal.

The way I heard it:

About a month ago, SkyWest was hiring for eight positions. Of the 90-some applicants, only about half were actually qualified to dispatch. 25 were invited to Vegas for interviews (positive space and room paid for). Two flat out didn't even show up, no courtesy call. Five had already been hired by other companies and were nice enough to call ahead and let them know. Out of the 18 left, only one person was deemed hirable. At that point, they decided to hire back a previous dispatcher (in the six years I have been here this is only the second time this has happened). So, SkyWest went on a recruiting field trip to various dispatching schools and found six more to add to their new-hire class that starts next week.

There may not be a posted opening, but with the growth SkyWest will continue to have in the future, and the inevitable turnover that will always happen, there will constantly be new-hire classes every three months or so.

Ouch, sorry, I had no clue. I can't completely divulge company info, but what I can say is, the boss feels there is a standard he will not compromise to put butts in chairs. I have no clue what those standards are. However, you know Homer and Walter on here, and both of those two people would be excellent references or at least someone to have put in a word on your behalf.

Half were probably over qualified. lol No offense I just find it funny that they went to dispatcher schools after interviewing so many.

No, half were unqualified, as in: No dispatch license, not old enough, or figured that dispatching 911 calls was enough of a prerequisite.

No, half were unqualified, as in: No dispatch license, not old enough, or figured that dispatching 911 calls was enough of a prerequisite.

Ok make senses there. I know I applied and didnt here a word from them. No offense but just figured they didnt interview any one with alot of experience. It was just going around alot 7 months ago.

I know one company that didnt want anything to do with experienced dispatchers wanted to bring in green ones so they could train them the way they wanted. I can understand that to a point but just to point out that experience doesn't mean re-trainable. Not Skywest.

But I will say no more as this is the wrong thread and this thread is supposed to be about Jet Blue hiring.

Latest resources

Back